Shiritori

Would you like to play the Japanese word game, shiritori? Everyone can participate!The game goes so. First I give a Japanese word with English translation. And the next person will give a new Japanese word with English translation , that start with the previous word's last "kana". Like this: I say word "neko" -> cat then, next person have to say a word that start with ko example koneko -> kitten If u are not familiar with kana, then the list of Japanese syllables (kana) can be found from Internet. Example http://www.learn-japanese.info/hiragana.htmlWords that end with "n" aren't allowed, because there isn't word that start with "n" in Japanese.. (Well actually by dictionary, it seems, that there is one word "んとする" but...) All other words are allowed, whether they're verbs, or nouns.. past or whatever tense, or form, or what ever... Since this game is to learn words, both Japanese and English. Therefore, there isn't the rule to use only nouns. Otherwise usually only nouns would be allowed for this game.You don't know any Japanese? No problem, you can just use Japanese - English dictionary at http://www.nihongoresources.com/ just type the previous word's ending kana to there and it will give you the list of words starting with this kana.. And you might learn some new word of English also. Still, Of course words that you have learned from anime, would be nice.. If it's a word from anime, then tell us also from what anime u learned it.. :)So here's my word for you"oku"(おく) ---> to put; to place; (2) to leave (behind);So the next person have to start with "ku"I learned this word from "Minami-ke". There Haruka wrote "maa maa sore wa oitoite(where oitoite is some kind of te form of oku)....rest something in kanji that I can't read.." lol. But in english she said "Well, let's but that aside and talk about what should we have for dinner." (She skillfully avoided the embarrassing topic by bringing up the new topic "what should we have for dinner")https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZNbJ9PMJsY

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• が is pronouced as "ga" instead of "wo", I suppose?

Hardi said:
    Hehe, I hope u still are able to enjoy this, yoh. Even though u have got a handicap in this game. lol.

sushi すし --> sushi, anything made with vinegared rice. ;)

すし が たべたい、 かも? (sushi wo dabetai, kamo?) --> Maybe I want to eat sushi?
  • Thanks Hardi, Thanks yoh,
    That's FANTAAAAASTIC! BRAVO! I know Hardi makes up a great story, but yoh does make up too! I really enjoyed the story. Thanks again for a lovely present from you two ^_^

yoh said:
    goma (ごま) ---> (n) sesame (seeds)

Grandma Yo needed some money to get her medical service. So, she asked Ru (pig), Kao (dinosaur), Fzzz (forest warden) and Hard (cat) to travel far and get some treasure, which notorious 40 thieves have stored in a cave. They hit the gate of the cave very hard but it was sealed by magic. Nate (Arabian merchant) kindly told them a spell to open it. “Open sesame! (hirake goma!)” The gate opened and they were able to bring the treasure to Grandma Yo.

Wait. Hard the Cat is missing! Where did he go? Oh, poor Hard, he was trapped in the cave... But, don’t worry. Hard the Cat found a whole bunch of anime DVDs in the cave and lived there happily ever after ^_^
  • goma (ごま) ---> (n) sesame (seeds)

Grandma Yo needed some money to get her medical service. So, she asked Ru (pig), Kao (dinosaur), Fzzz (forest warden) and Hard (cat) to travel far and get some treasure, which notorious 40 thieves have stored in a cave. They hit the gate of the cave very hard but it was sealed by magic. Nate (Arabian merchant) kindly told them a spell to open it. “Open sesame! (hirake goma!)” The gate opened and they were able to bring the treasure to Grandma Yo.

Wait. Hard the Cat is missing! Where did he go? Oh, poor Hard, he was trapped in the cave... But, don’t worry. Hard the Cat found a whole bunch of anime DVDs in the cave and lived there happily ever after ^_^
  • ringo (りんご) --> apple.

Ru(pig): Hello, Kao. Where are you going on this nice Sunday?
    Kao(dinosaurus) I'm going to visit my sick grandmother. My mom asked me to bring him some apple pie and milk.
    Ru: It seems like it will start raining soon, I tell you a shortcut, so that you can get there before it start pouring..
    Well you all know the story about little girl Red hat and wolf, I suppose.. But in this story of red hat, the wolf didn't eat grandma Yo, and forest warden Fzzz, didn't cut wolf open with chainsaw. Instead, Ru guided Kao to the grandma yo's house, where Cat Hard, was already waiting them on yard.. Latter, Fzzz helped Kao and Ru to take care of grandmas potato field and weed carrots.. Only cat was lazy, taking nap on the roof..

I wonder if Ru have some apple pie and milk to lazy cat too.. LOL

Yeah, these names of characters really sound familiar, but I have no idea why..
  • bacchiri(ばっちり) --> (adv) perfectly, properly, right on the mark, sure thing

Me: You look familiar... May I have your name?
    Cat: Hard.
    Me: Hard. That name sounds really familiar but I can't remember ...
  • Hi Bob, it's great that you left a comment for that mikeneko. Yours must have been so cute. I sometimes run into the same kind of cat or Japanese dogs. Then I cannot help saying to them, "hey comrade, how are you doing?"

Hardi, if you say so, I really need to watch "Rosario + Vampire" ^_^

soba (そば) ---> buckwheat noodles
    I like its earthly taste and flavor. It's good for diet with lots of proteins, minerals and vitamin Bs (wikipedia).

• I love that picture, Fizzy. If I ever happen to meet you in street, would you then please wear that pic as mask.. you can just print and cut it out from paper.. LOL

I really like it.
    It appears lovely to my eyes, warms the hearth. ^_^

I'm not kidding.

Fizzy said:
    ronso( ろんそ) --> controversy, dispute, argument, debate or discussion
  • ronso( ろんそ) --> controversy, dispute, argument, debate or discussion

r
  • iroiro(いろいろ) --> various

Ruby's phrase from "Rosario + Vampire" was "iroiro atte"(Many things have happened) Actually not sure anymore. :)

Ref..

Rosario + Vampire is the best "ecchi" anime amongst of all "ecchi" animes I have ever seen.. I think.. In my opinion.
    Whatever, how down u may feel.. watching a episode or two of rosario vampire.. must certainly make feel better.. That if you're a male. LOL ...So so so many of ecchi youkai girls and happiness. ..mmmmm, yuki onna! I now go to watch it for 100001th time. :P LOL ^_^
  • I had one just like that and it lived for about 16 years before old age made it drop suddenly one day. She really was almost exactly a duplicate of that cat in the picture.

yoh said:
    Hey Fizzy, you have to start with "shi"!
    Anyways,mikeneko (みけねこ) ---> a kind of authentic Japanese cat with three hair colors (black, brown and white). mi = three, ke = hair, and neko = cat.

His name is Tama (たま), which is a typical cat's name. He serves as the real Station Master ^_^
This reply was deleted.