GUESS MY WORD!

Good morning, all! (where ever you are) :)

GUESS MY WORD is a game that everyone can guess 'A WORD' by observing the clues given. Everyone can only give ONE question in each comment to have ONE clue from A PLAYER who save the WORD. Is it clear enough? :)

The one who can guess the word is the winner. He/she will continue the game by giving the first clue, e.g. IT IS A COUNTRY. Other players would try to guess the word and then one player will be the next winner, and...so on.... However, if the winner don't have the will to make a guess, another player can continue the game.

Let's just be relaxed.... you don't need to be stressed in this game, better not. :D So, based on the previous discussions, we would PAUSE the game on Sunday. Every member can join this game anytime without any necessity to always participate. 

This game seems to be interesting and useful for members who want to increase vocabulary. So, I will try to post all the words that we guessed. Anyway, suggestions are always welcomed.

I dedicate this discussion to Coral who shared this idea on MyEC and also all players who have participated in the previous games.

Let's see how many words we've learnt . . .

1. Job -----> FOREST RANGER
2. Country -----> CUBA
3. Trademark -----> LEGO
4. Job -----> TAXIDERMIST
5. Animal -----> TERMITE
6. Object -----> HAMMOCK
7. Word begun with 'S' -----> STATIONERY
8. Sport -----> WEIGHTLIFTING
9. Adjective -----> EFFERVESCENT
10. Vegetable -----> RHUBARB

11. Disease -----> LEUKEMIA

12. Author -----> JACK LONDON

13. A Part of Speech -----> RHADAMANTHINE

14. _______ in THIS GROUP_______ 

Thank you very much. :)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello friends 

Thank you all for your congratulations, although I know my winning was unfair. Thank you Mishaikh for your NICE sentence. I also repeat it if you don't mind   ;-) 

Yes Coral, go ahead with pleasure. We will be very pleased to try to solve the puzzle.

• Coral said:

Hi friends
    If other participations agree. I'm ready to be host on Monday (April 25, 2016)

MISHAIKH SAID

Yes Coral, go ahead with pleasure.  We will be very pleased to try to solve the puzzle.

GUESS MY WORD!
    Good morning, all! (where ever you are) :) GUESS MY WORD is a game that everyone can guess 'A WORD' by observing the clues given. Everyone can only g…
  • Hi friends
    If other participations agree. I'm ready to be host on Monday (April 25, 2016)

• Huh,huh... I would listen to these upright and fair ladies not to get in trouble, after all they're majority =D
  • Congrats Muhammad!

Yes/no questions are a good option :)

It's easier for game admin to answer yes/no questions and players must be more creative to ask questions.

• Congrats Muhammad
  • There's a game called " Guess a sketch" when you draw somthin' on a board and others ask you Qs about it. They can see you, they can see your "sketch". Here we don't have this option. So a paltry answer such as "Yes" or "No" seems a little bit unfair. =)

Almost forgot, congratulations!
    Mohammad said:

Hello friends,

I think the rules, defined for this game, are not sufficient. It is obvious that the first one who sees the answers of the people's questions (when the questioner replies), can easily guess and win. As an example, as I spend more time than others here, I saw the Onee's replies (to the all questions) about 15 minutes after the time of her reply. So I have had the best chance to answer while the chance MUST be equal for all the game-participants.

Then we can say : CONGRATS . . . . !     :D ,,, Am I right !?

On the other hand, Onee (and also saba), answered all the questions in the best way, meaning the word (must has been guessed) was clear !  ,,, I don't want to say that "they should not answer correctly" ,,, but I mean, our questions and also the answers, must be limited somehow. The replies may be restricted to the words : "Yes", "No", "can be" and so forth and between them, the questioner can help the participants with some hints.

Anyway if you continue this way, you will see the results !!!    ;-D   

GUESS MY WORD!
    Good morning, all! (where ever you are) :) GUESS MY WORD is a game that everyone can guess 'A WORD' by observing the clues given. Everyone can only g…
  • Sure, I will do it later and not now. (later means more than two weeks). But I suggest you to select an ADJECTIVE, a hard one   :)   

• Oh, yes. It's because I felt unfair to disclose the answers at once, I mentioned you, Coral, and Estanis as the winners.
    Sure I'll try to do better.

Seeing you spend more time here than others, I'm sure you can give the best rule as an example. We're ready to guess your word. :))
  • We can learn vocabulary and something not only from the word we guess but also from comments. That's my opinion. :)
This reply was deleted.