Hello everyone! :)
Have you ever been confused about passive voice when you found two objects in active sentence??
To remember about Passive Voice structure and examples, visit here.
Now let's look at this example!
- Active Voice: She gave her son some money.
- Passive Voice: Her son was given some money.
In active voice, 'her son' is indirect object, and 'some money' is direct object. In passive voice, the indirect object 'her son' becomes the subject.
Now another example...
- Active Voice: She gave some money to her son.
- Passive voice: Some money was given to her son.
In active voice, 'some money' is direct object, and 'her son' is indirect object. In passive voice, the direct object becomes the subject.
So, the rule is .... "USE OBJECT THAT APPEARS FIRST IN ACTIVE SENTENCE". You can omit the subject of active voice OR you can put it at the end sentence of passive.
There are some verbs usually used in passive with two objects. They are give, teach, tell, show, send, offer, lend.
What about these examples of active voices? How to change them into passive? I'm looking forward to your response. :)
- Mr. Ryan teaches me English.
- Mrs. Riana sent the children a bouquet of flowers.
- He is offering her a drink.
- They can show you the way to the hospital.
- She will tell a secret to me.
- Father lent some money to Ferdy.
- They will show their best performance to us.
- He has sent the best gift to me.
Have a great day! ^_^