Be a Newscaster (2012)

Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun! 

Thank you to all of the advanced learners and teachers who help out in this group! 

We use the Interactive Phonemic Chart to help explain different sounds.(Here is a keyboard for you to type symbols.)

Please take a moment to watch this video. It was produced by the very talented Camelia.

Find more videos like this on
EnglishClub.com

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would  appreciate  for a feed back and also to listen  to the news caster's  :)

• Excellent! It's great to see some action here again. Your pace is really nice for English learners and I think your students must appreciate this. 

I think all English learners can work on this minimal pair: 

slIpped vs. slept [Listen to the sounds I (ship) and e (bed).]

Also, be careful where you put the stress on the word "protest". It should be on the first syllable. 

a PROtest took place...

Cheers!

• Hello,

For a long time, I couldn't see any movement in this group, once upon a time we used to

come here a lot :(( Everybody is busy with their life or making study in another area of English,

Anyway, I've been trying to get familiar with English sounds in these days,

let's hope that practices work :)

I have to add my recording as a file, because audiboo had some problems,,,,

I'll be waiting for any comment eagerly :)) Thank you so much for your interest,

Selma,

salute.wma

salute comprehension questions.wma

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2386714040?profile=original
    • It has been a long time! Maybe we need to start a new Discussion for 2013, since this one is called 2012. Sorry you are having trouble with Audioboo.

• Yes Tara, since I am a new member in this group, I hope I could experience all the previous activities here. Thank you! :)

• Hi Tara, I was wondering if you would open a new section :))

So glad to see you here,

Have a terrific weekend,

Selma,

• Answering to the discussion question which is in the  weekly report "Sharks force spring break beach closures", I believe that humans are no doubt more dangerous than poor sharks. Sharks are a species that is menaced by human devastation of fauna. The film factory managed to build up a fear-image of these poor creatures, damned them to the completely extermination. Sure, If you are alone at the sea and find out one of these creatures you probably will not want to think of them as "poor" creatures. But, as a rule we(humankind) always be a bigger threat to sharks in general.

*As that It's my first recording on "Be a Newscaster" group, comments , suggestions and ratings about my performance this activity is welcomed. So, bye bye!!!

• Hi all,

Where are you ? There has been no any sign for a long time here, seemingly everybody is very busy,

it would be a really great pleasure to see any reaction,

with my best,

•  

Hello, Selma!

How are you? It has been quite a while since I dropped in the last time! Yes, you are so right; it’s very quiet here! I still remember those good old days where this group was with full of ‘hustle and bustle’! As for me, now I’ve too many things to think about and take care of whenever I sign in to EC. Many a time I feel guilty for not replying to the comments left behind by our fellow members. 

Okay, I have always loved listening to your news recordings. You have done yet another excellent job, dear! Also, you’ve proved that regular practice could take a learner to where you are now. I’m proud of you! Well… here’s a list of slips that I found in your voice. Column 1 shows how you pronounced those words and in Column 2 I have given the correct pronunciation of them! Hope the phonetic spellings help you!

2392867290?profile=original

* This is how you pronounced it the first time.   

By the way, thank you for doing the recommended pronunciation exercises diligently on the other blog of mine. Keep rocking! See you around!

Warm regards,

~* GS *~

This reply was deleted.