WIFE has/earns MORE??

Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath.

A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earned less than his wife. In the occasion of Ied-ul Fitr this year, I met and asked him where he works now. He said he works at home taking care of his own's children. While,, as for you to know... He has 4 children and his wife works alone. I don't know what inside their family is, but..I see something burdensome in the eyes and face of his wife.

Another story was from a friend. A husband lives at the house of his parents-in-law, doing nothing (without working).....meanwhile...his wife works in another town. What a view...! Mm. 

In my country and I guess also many other countries, there's no caste or level of society in marriage. But when it comes to the FAMILY of WIFE more capable than the FAMILY of HUSBAND ...OR.... WIFE earns more,,,,

WILL it really become a problem in their future?
If it DEPENDS on something, what is that?
Do you have any stories about such a case??

Every premise is an option. Here I just want to hear your opinion. Thank you very much. :)

--------------------------

Let's keep striking while the iron is hot!
Let's KEEP WRITING while MyEC is NOT in trouble! :D

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Saba,,

In the story I wrote actually there is no compulsion for the wife (but I'm not sure) :D If it is so, yes, it's exploitation. :(( You know I heard more about the story...

"A man like to sit around food stall, smoking and drinking. While his wife sells chickens at the market for a living. The funny story was....she ever said 'I hope he'll be dead soon' :o OMG... LOL...."

Thank you for sharing your view, dear Saba. ^_^

saba said:

Hello Onee

The man who sits idle at home, and his wife is forced to make a living, he is exploiting his wife.

WIFE has/earns MORE??
    Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath. A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earne…
  • My dearest brother Arif,

I know very well about your comment and principle. Thank you for the comment since you don't dare to opine when you're not experienced. :D You know well it's not about a working woman, but what problem could happen in the future in case she earns more.

Let me me ask one question if you don't mind to answer....(hope for) What if a wife work at home?? which only spending on her very vacant time?? :)

I also mean to marry a girl whose family is at higher level. A father usually demand much for his daughter. :D :D

arif saeed said:

Well, my dearest sister,

I don't know what to say on this topic which is far away from my practical experience. To me a husband should earn for a whole family while a wife takes up responsibility to maintain tranquility at home. I prefer complete homely woman to working woman. Now you can guess from my comment what my opinion is about it.
    WIFE has/earns MORE??
    Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath. A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earne…
  • Oh, I see, Sir Dara. Yes, it's normal if a daughter get inheritance from father. :) You must have known that wife's money is not family's money, but hers. :D So, I think you're so lucky for having a good wife.

I don't think any problem in this case. :)

dara gino said:

Ini yan sebenarnya. Her money was a big inheritance from her father. But luckily, we are leading normal life, thanks to God. 

WIFE has/earns MORE??
  • In my family,, I and my hubby must work together. I mean : if I take care of my little baby then he needs to clean my house....hahahah (joking).

As my custom,, man can work outside and earn money for taking care all his family. Wife can be at home and takes care of the kids. but as for me, I don't like that. I want to "work" and earn money. I don't like the case : stay at home and waiting for money. It's not good.

• This case need more observes, we can't get a conclusion by just looking at the surface.

Many families, have similar condition. a wife has/earns more money but they still happy. But in case the man absolutely  not working n harness his wife, i thougt he is a very...very useless husband

• Well I've just spent a few days with my kids in the beach while my wife stayed in charge of the the business hehe... Hope you don't see it so weird or that I'm a abusive husband :D
  • Hi Onee...
    I prefer mom to take care of the kids, however sometimes here u can come across couples, where woman earns much more than a man and is also sort of ambitious. In such cases man is at home with a baby and she works and earns money. Anyway... maybe it should be fair like 50% with mom and 50% with dad because then such baby has no idea, who is his/her dad, since he is all the time at work. It is everybody's free choice BUT if a man is lazy to get a job and woman has to do it instead of him, then I would slap such idiot!
  • Hello Onee

The man who sits idle at home, and his wife is forced to make a living, he is exploiting his wife.

• Well, my dearest sister,

I don't know what to say on this topic which is far away from my practical experience. To me a husband should earn for a whole family while a wife takes up responsibility to maintain tranquility at home. I prefer complete homely woman to working woman. Now you can guess from my comment what my opinion is about it.
  • Ini yan sebenarnya. Her money was a big inheritance from her father. But luckily, we are leading normal life, thanks to God. 

This reply was deleted.