The first book that I would to introduce this group is the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney. This book is identified as "a novel in cartoons". This book maybe about a teenage boy, but I believed everyone in here can relate to his angst. What's so interesting about this book is the cartoon drawings accompanied in nearly of each page.

Okay, back to the book. This book is about Geff Hefney, a teenage boy with an older brother, Rodrick and a younger brother; Manny, who he thinks can get away with murder and being spoilt by his parents. One day his Mom bought him a "diary" instead of a journal. He was ashamed to admit that it's a diary, so he insisted it's to be called a journal

In this journal he put all his thoughts, his feelings about his daily life, his friends, his best friend, Rowley, and his family though don't let him knows that you called his writings as his "feelings" because as far as he is concerned, boy don't write things down in a diary.

Though the book is all about a teenage boy and his daily life, it is an interesting book. I love this book and the subsequent books in the series. The English is very simple because it is based as if it is a diary. And the cartoon drawings are funny.

I would like to recommend this book to Members of this Group especially Learners' Group because of its rich vocabularies but not bombastic. 

Hope some of you will read this and we have a lively discussion about it.

One of our members, Asif Ali, Zindani.  had posted the link where members can read the book on line. Please click it here to read the e-book

Asif Ali, Zindani., thank you so much for your contribution.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hi Kyle Zhou, I'm glad that you like the movies, but I assure you, the books are more enjoyable and funny. Looking forward for your verdict and views on the book. Please do share with us once you read them. :-)

• dear noa,

i'm happy to tell you that i start reading this book. thanks for your suggestion, it is really a good book and i am enjoying reading it. i read 34 page.

but while i'm reading it i thought in the diffrences between the culture of my country and the culture in this kid's country that i think it is America.

does the kids in your country think that way? a question for all members

• Hi kaouache dounia, I am glad that you had started reading the book and found it enjoyable.

Yes, Geff Hefney grows up in America. So the culture is a bit different.

I like your question about whether kids in our own country think the same way as the characters in the book.

I don't pretend to understand kids in my country. LOL. Because I don't have a kid, but I think the tv, movies and internet influences leave quite a mark to kids in my country. Maybe the influences from those are a bit tempered due to some strong religious belief being instilled in them, but I think their thinking are definitely more advance and they didn't hesitate to question things.

• i'm not close to kids too.

but i don't think that this is there way of thinking,they are more intrested in playing together.

• Same here my dear Granny. HUGE THANKS TO OUR DEAR NOAS FOR CREATING THIS LOVELY GROUP.

• Hi Fahime, actually the idea came from Sima. Then WMW, Sima and I had various discussion on how to form this group and how to make this group to be lively but at the same time beneficial to members. So we hope that this group will grow and with it the benefit that members going to get.

• So I must say thanks to dear Pishy, dear sis Sima and dear WMW...

• What a coincidence  Noas,  few days before my younger daughter recommended this book for me ( how poor I'm), and now you recommended this book for me. I just read two chapter of this book, and my first impression about this book is,  those you believe in Fahime's,

INNER CHILD

Very funny and rich in vocabulary, thanks again Noas for recommended such a intrested and funny book. 

• Asif Ali, Zindani., I think sometimes I think like a child too. LOL. Isn't amazingly coincident that your daughter recommended this book to you? Like I said in the summary, this book maybe about teenage boy, but the English is rich and easy to understand.

• Oh my dear Asif, I just wanna say your children are so lucky cuz their great dad has a lively and cheerful inner child, you know my dad's inner child is so quiet and silent ;-)

This reply was deleted.