5. Music/art/architecture.

6. History/philosophy.

7. Movies/theater/TV.

8. Gastronomy/cuisines.

9. Sports.

10. General knowledge.

11. Puzzles/numbers.

12. A Black Box.

Please, don't forget about the rules, especially the rule of 3 attempts.

Good luck!

Scores:

Mishaikh 6950.

Luci 400.

Risty 1700.

Onee 1400.

Peppo 300.

Nsottin 2700.

Muskan 2800.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Nsottin! Where have you been?! AN OVEN FORK is correct, but A PEEL is also correct. Besides, Misha was the first to say they are for the oven.

Well, I think, there are no hopless situations, there are some careless leaders. I am not the one, so here is my decision:

Mishaikh, Muskan and Nsottin are getting 200 scores each. The next host is Nsottin as he answered the most problematic question.

Are there any objections? Hahaha!

• That's too funny Danny, I'm curious to see how you're going to split the score this time. I reckon the metal 'hook' is called oven fork.

BTW it was interesting to notice how people made the most out of the heat irradiating from the ovens in old Russia country homes. Thank you for sharing

• Hi, my friends! I am already up and will continue this round while Tanya is still sleeping.

First, I am glad to welcome dear Muskan in our game.

Besides, let me comment your answers.

Mishaikh, you are right, such stuffs were/are used to set something into the oven or to take it out. You are also right that a thing looking like a spade is mostly for bread. However, we can't call that metal thing a clamp.

Dear Muskan! You are right, too. That wooden stuff is very much like a pizza peel, but it is mostly for bread. But, again, we can't call that metal stuff a hook. On the other hand, you are right, it is for some special pans.

So, try to find a suitable word to describe that metal "hook"

• The other one is used to hold the utensils from the oven/stove. A clamp?

• Well, my friends, this question is for quickness of wit. Sure, you don't know the answer. So, I will help you.

Look at this picture:

2643851071?profile=original

It is a Russian oven. On the left, you can see the stuffs I am asking about. So, what are they for?

• Hi, dear Onee! Glad to see you! 

Rogach meat is very wrong, this thing has nothing to do with meat. Besides, ROGACH is a Russian word and I ask you for English.
    Onee-chan said:

2. Rogach Meat and Shovel

Jeopardy: January Game
    Happy New Year to everyone! Let me start our January game. Hope, you all remember the rules. Here are our categories: 1. Culture/traditions/customs.…

• Mishaikh, first I mean Russian/Ukrainian traditions. You are right, they are used in the kitchen, but not like you mean. Look, a spade can be used for baking bread, but what about the other thing?
    Mishaikh said:

These are used for baking bread in tandoori (a cave like oven).

Let me look for their English names.
    Jeopardy: January Game
    Happy New Year to everyone! Let me start our January game. Hope, you all remember the rules. Here are our categories: 1. Culture/traditions/customs.…
  • 2. Rogach Meat and Shovel

• These are used for baking bread in tandoori (a cave like oven).

Let me look for their English names.
  • Hi, everyone! Danny is at work so, I will ask the question if nobody minds.

Round 35.

Category:traditions/language.

Score: 500.

Question: Look at the picture.

2643850966?profile=original

These things were traditionally used in Russia and Ukraine for centuries. They are still used by some villagers, but most of modern people have no idea what they are. So, you should tell me:

1. What are these things for?

2. What English words can we use to define them?

This reply was deleted.