Dear,sisters and brothersالسلام عليكم ورحمة اللة وبركاتةToday, American movies play a big role in presenting nations around the world not only for the American audience but also for the rest of the world. However, sometimes they present some nations badly such as Russians, black American, Arabs … etc. For many years, Hollywood, a city in the United State of America where movies are made, attacks Islam in general and Arabs in particular and presents them badly for many reasons . Thus, most of the Americans in particular and many people around the world have wrong image about Islam.Unfortunately Islam and Arabs are presented badly in many American movies since the first product of the first movie “Seven Veiled Dance”(1893) when Tomas Addison establish the first studio in the USA. Then some silent movies such as “Arabs” (1915), and “We Can not Have Everything” (1918) continue to distort Islam and Arabs image till the present day. Many movies in the twentieth and twenty first centuries has been protected distorting Islam and Arabs.As a result of that many wrong stereotypes stuk in the americans and other nations audience about Islam and Arabs .Dears,Who do u think behind this attack ?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They must be people who don't like Islam developed, n They want Islam destroyed..
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Yes I'm with u dear sandra but that attack really has bad effect on us .We can't deny that media is not playing big role nowadays in introducing nations .There is people dose not no any thing about Islam they get what they watch.Thus , we have to work as possible as we could to change that stereotypes .
      and thing more who behind all this attack?
      thank u dear for ur participation
    • Amin

Thanks for ur participation brother adana.
  • in brief, it's not their fault, it's the Arabs' as much as the Muslims' and all other preys' of this world.
    It's not your fault if you didn't understand me , it's my fault because I didn't try to show you "ME".
    So this is what's going to happen if you chose to hide behind the veil of ignorance. it means this is what's going to happen when you choose to take a negative attitude toward film making industry.
    nice post.
    • hi, Omar.
      Yes, u r right .It is our fault cos we don't do any thing to at less to limit such kind of movies.
      I want to qutate a small paragraph from my research paper to show u one of the
      responsibles of these kind of movies:

we can not forget that Jews and Zionism supporters in Hollywood
      play a major role in distorting Arabs. Based on Neal Gabler’s study (1988); he shows that “Jews established all of the major American film studios, including Columbia, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Warner Brothers, Paramount, Universal, and Twentieth- Century Fox” (Sindi, internet source). Also Sacred Chain in his study (1994) said that immigrant Jews dominated the first fifty years of the 20th century and still dominate it till now. By supporting each other , America shows its support to Israel after 1948 .Therefore, Hollywood produced many movies distorting image in order to satisfy and support Israel such as“Exodus”(1960), “Cast a Giant Shadow”(1966), “Black Sunday”(1977), “Executive Decision”(1996) ,and many other movies.

T
      hank u dear for ur participantion.
    • you are welcome :)
    • Thank u brother for ur participation.
      We have to excuse most of them cos they receive what the their media present but really believe me when they get closer to the true Muslims they at the beginning avoided them but then they know that Islam is a peaceful religion.Really , many foreigners change their minds about Islam after dealing with true Muslims just wait .Dear brother do not loose hope cos the Allah always with u and us.Beside that we have to work hard to change that wrong images about Islam.
    • Thank u Marwa best wishes also to u.

I hope we pass that blokes and continue our life peacefully.
  • Arabs were always shown as primitive and sauvage people.Americans have always mentioned that in their movies ...Arabs as nomads with their camels behaving like animals!But this is not their fault.It is ours because we haven't given importance to our media ,nor developed them in a sense we export our software or programmes to show to the world our real civilisation ,identity,culture and religion
    FAULT.IT
    • Thank u dear for ur participation
      You know what is the biggest problem? It is that the arabs audience laugh at themselves when they watch this kind of movies,and "Arabs start accept that stereotypes with out saying any thing."
This reply was deleted.