Why is it unusual...?

Hi Guys!

It’s Sunday morning, a day for us to unwind and enjoy a well deserved rest after a busy week. You know, as I was thumbing through a book while savouring a cuppa, this particular page attracted my attention.

It throws a challenge to us asking whether we can find something unusual in a given short paragraph! There seemed nothing wrong with it, no matter how many times it was scrutinized by my eyes and the ever cooperating buddy, the brain.

Finally I was forced to give in though normally I don’t admit defeat that easily. I simply couldn’t believe myself when I checked the answer on the last page of the book. It’s truly amazing! How is it possible…? But I learned one thing; at times our very own eyes could deceive us. In short, don’t believe in everything that your eyes see….!

Well! I want you to put your thinking cap on and see whether you can pinpoint the ‘peculiarity’ I'm talking about...! 

Here’s the paragraph! Good Luck...!

…………… - : - ………………

Just zap through this paragraph. It is an unusual paragraph. I’m curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing is wrong with it. Syntax and vocabulary look all right…! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, though you still may not find anything odd. But, if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

…………… - : - ………………

PS – I’ve done some minor changes to make the paragraph more interesting.

~ GS ~

23th October, 2011

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Hello Mr. Gabriel Sowrian

I will go for the word **ZAP**  For me looks and sounds odd  because neither I  can attack, kill, shoot, vaporize, atomize, nuke, micro-cook, nor destroy, bombard, or jolt it with a suddenly and forcefully high-voltage electric current.

However I´m on your hands, right now you are the lord of the answer and I am looking forward getting the mystery´s solution,

As always all the best for you my friend  

•  

Man, that is excruciating…!

When you opened your argument by saying “I’ll go for the word *ZAP*…”, I didn’t really know that I'm going to be on attack. Won’t you ever show some mercy for your “Lord of the Answer"…? Bzzzz… (power cut off)…! Lucky me, I didn’t pay the electric bill for the past couple of months. If not, this “Darth Vader” would have nuked my royal stronghold. (I think, that’s enough of a practice for my next monologue..!)

Hi John, How are you?

Thank you for enriching my vocabulary. I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t know that the word ‘zap’ can be used in a wide range of contexts. It’s a very enlightening comment. Thanks again, buddy!

The word is used in a different sense here. Please refer to my answer in response to Lama Amar's comment.

Well! Till we meet again at another BATTLE ZONE at another TIME, I bid you adieu…!

Regards,

~ GS ~

• Hi Gabriel!

It's pretty confusing and puzzling!!! I've been examining and penetrating the text the whole day long, yet, unfortunately, nothing unusual has caught my poor eyes. I'll give it a shot, though. Does the answer have to do with the meaning of the verb" Zap through" ?!!! Well, this is merely a conjecture...

• Dear!

Before we start to confer the issue in hand, please accept this

small virtual gift as a token of my esteem...  

Click here to get more For You Greetings from MasterGreetings.com

Girl, you have never failed to hold me spellbound with your writings.

They are genuinely astounding…! Who taught you this mesmeric art?

Any possibility for a “revelation”…?

Now, let’s talk business! The verb “zap” is not a troublemaker; he is a nice fellow indeed.

Just for our info, according to the Oxford Advanced Leaner’s Dictionary8th Edition, one of the definitions of this word:

[intransitive] + adv./pre. to do something very fast

Example:

I’m zapping through (= reading very fast) some modern novels at the moment.

Ok, let me thank you for sparing your precious time to respond for the sake of our friendship.

Take care, Dear!

~ GS ~

• the letter 'e' missing?
    • Hi Prashanth!

Thanks for walking in and dared to take the challenge on the chin.

Well! If you would have only not retorted, I’d have taken you to the

finest restaurant in town for a meal of your choice as a special treat…!

You didn’t get what I’m trying to say, did you?

We’ll meet again, anyway, bro…!

Have a pleasant day ahead, Prashanth.

~ GS ~

This reply was deleted.