Is it for fun ? What can a novel tell us or add to our experience as humans?
Who are ur favorite authors and unforgettable titles ? What are the thoughts and lessons that u get out of a novel reading . Let's discuss it here together my friends . However , when speaking about myself I can tell many things , but the most important lesson is that " the unity and similarity of the human experience , wether in the Amzon jungles or Dubia skyscrapers , deep inside we are equal and without classification or labels "  

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•     Dear Onee-chan    , 

Some people think that reading novel is a time loss , while they are ignorant of how much they can get out of reading novels . They are a pure and sincere reflection of human experience in different kinds of levels . In novels special the ones writing by professional writers you can find not only a serious of events leading to the clamix but deep philosophy and real history . I have read more than 100 novels in my language and Russian novels are my favorite . But I will tell you about my first novel , which was a complex love story between an artist who lost his hand in the Alegria fight aganist France .
    Painting was his refugee and his beloved women resembles the whole nations he was defending years ago . I like the author Ahlam Mostagnami and consider her to be my mentor :)

2393456494?profile=original

• Dear Rosemary,

Why do I read novels? I read novels to take a lesson about life without having experience. So,

What is the unforgettable one? It is Billy 24-multiple personality, Indonesian version.

maxresdefault.jpg?width=300

1533011420?v=1&width=300

What I got? I like psychology. So, this gave me a lot of information how to understand people who has multiple personality. There are also many terms I have just known from reading this novel. It's a thick book, I don't remember how many pages, and it's not easy to understand as it is serious psychological non-fiction novel. But I can finished it in one month. I read this before joining MyEC, I just know that he died in December 2014.

Thank you so much for this nice discussion.

What is your most unforgettable novel, Rosemary? :)

• If only.

•     That  absolutely  right  :) 

• Exercising your imagination, expanding your vocabulary and exploring humanity is not a waste of time. Now if you read harlequin novels, or sub standard commercialized crap then yes, it is a waste of time. Reading real literature, by any of the classic and timeless authors is well worth the time.

•   Thanks for being here Tam  :)  about reading  English  books and high forms  of literature  they are difficult  even for native  . U can read summaries  of these pieces and get the whole benefit of them with some quotes  . As u have mentioned  reading stimulate  the experience  I think it also makes  us feel younger  and fill our minds with energy  :) 

• Hi, Rosemary. I like reading books. It gives me a simulated experience that I can't experience in real life and knowledge. As for English books, I can't read difficult books yet, so I read easy and famous books for children. However they are interesting.

•    They give us more understanding of our reality  , don't u agree  Mary that some writers have the talent to make us understand  ourselves  better.  Know what's really beyond our behaviors  or explain things  we can't express  about ourselves 

• To escape from reality... so you can say books are like drugs.

this-is-good-stuff-baby-really-into-book-reading-intensive-reading-14262885664.gif?id=&width=300

This reply was deleted.