These days I use Chrome on my Mac. I find Google Chrome to be much quicker than IE. When I first started using Chrome I enjoyed the speed but found that some sites or programs didn't work properly. These days Chrome works well most of the time.

I switched from Internet Explorer (IE) because it used to always crash on me and I felt that it always needed to be upgraded. It could have just been a problem with my old laptop.

Sometimes I use Safari, but it feels a bit foreign to me. It was the default browser for my Mac when I first switched from a PC. I didn't give it a chance. 

Do you have a favourite browser? What do you like about it? Which browser do you NOT like?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• At home I use Mozilla Firefox for a long time. I think it's quicker than IE. I tried Opera too, it's menu a little complicated, I don't like it. But we use IE 7 at work to run Oracle. If it crashes while I work with a drawing data, I then cannot access the drawing number I had been working with for a 24 hours. )..I think browser producers leave some bugs intentionally in order to issue some latest version to download and stay in the market.
  • Yeah, chromium seems okay after I installed adblock. Now when I think about it.. that was actually the main reason why I didn't stay with it after 5 minutes of trying... therte was too many ads in webpages with chromium, and I thought that it's too much of nuisance to get rid of the.. but actually it was easy. :P

Maybe I will start using chromium too.. ^_^

• I used mozilla firefox at the inception, I use chrome now it is more of convenience to me

• What version of Google Chrome that you use these days? The latest stable version is version 9. Indeed, it works faster even if we compare it with Mozilla. When I have slow Internet connection, I used Chrome. Unfortunately, when I upgraded my Internet connection, my computer's memory couldn't bear it. Chrome faster, but it also needs a lot of memory. So, I switch back to my old favorite Mozilla Firefox.

Opera doesn't work in my computer, whether I have slow or speed Internet connection. So, I don't get it when people say that it's the fastest browser, although it works in my friends' computers.

• Now, I use IE, but I am getting interested in Chrome as reading your comment. Is it possible to take the list of my favorite from IE to chrome? I have a lot of web links on my favorite, so to develop a new list again would bother me..

• Wow, Thank you !! It's great information !! I am gonna try it right now !
    • Awesome! Thanks.
  • I still use Safari on my Mac. I used to use IE, but we seem to have had the same problems. I tried Mozilla, because it was recommended by a lot of people, but I could never get the toolbars to work correctly.

From what I've seen, Chrome looks and feels like Safari (just without all my bookmarks!). What are the main differences that you notice?

• I find Chrome faster than Safari, but as I've said, I haven't given it a chance. What do you like about Safari? I feel like I "should" use it because it probably works better with Mac, but I'm not great with change.
    • Safari... I like the bookmark bar at the top, and I use it constantly. I also like that it saves usernames and passwords for certain websites (like this one) when I want it too (and only when I want it to).

Also, I just like how it looks. It's not chunky, I like the placement of the tabs, etc. And it's very fast, even when I have ten windows open with six to eight tabs each (like I have right now).

I just downloaded Chrome and I'm going to try it out soon. It looks nice, but I can already tell that I'm going to be annoyed because the name of the website isn't at the very top of the window.

This reply was deleted.