This week, we're celebrating Earth day. It would be great if we respect our planet by helping and finding solution to prevent the destruction of our natural resources. Planting trees, lessen carbon emissions, using solar energy and cleaning our rivers are some things that we could do to maintain the beauty of our planet.

I usually do the proper segregation of the garbage in my house. That way I can easily keep and sell old newspapers, plastic containers and bottles in a junk shop.

Everybody can make a difference even in just simple actions...

How about you?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Robert,

I believe you have already gotten a lot of good ideas how to help mother earth. I have done pretty much the same as everyone here. I might have gone a little further in terms of living non-toxic. Because of living in the country and using well water, I have to be extremely cautious of what I put back into the environment. Most of my cleaning supplies as well as personal hygine products are handmade. I have studied the ingredients careful to be certain they are really organic or chemical-free. Anything in quetion, I won't even consider using it. What I make is as good as a store bought. Not only do I save money, but I also have fun trying my own stuff.

I have also declared my property as an animal habit, meaning I don't spray chemical in my yard. It might be for this reason that my garden tends to attract wild animals. Perhaps they know that they are safe here.

My laundry has just finished the last circle (sorry, I still have to use a washing machine); it's time for me to hang my clothes outside.

Enjoy a photo of these two fawns. They are cute, aren't they?

2392454100?profile=original

• @ fares,

I definitely agreed with what you have said here. Sharing ideas to the future generation on how we can continue of protecting our planet would be a great help for everyone. I'm glad that a lot of members here are aware of our surroundings. And that would be the first step. Thanks for joining this discussion.

• @ Dr Kamal,

Great answers my friend. You're right, some people think all about profits and money, not thinking the effect of every mishandling and carelessness in our environment. I hope everyone would participate in preserving nature and its beauty whilst there's enough time. Thanks for sharing your views on this discussion. Take care.

• @ hanewa,

Hello to you my friend. You're right with the term RESPECT, if we want to have a continuous and bountiful blessings from earth, then we should know how to value every little bit what nature gives us. Thank you for your time in sharing your thoughts...

• @ Xie li,

Thank you my friend for your comment on this discussion. I hope more and more countries would participate in proper handling of wastes and garbage. Not only we help our environment but also to protect our health from different diseases that we can get from mishandling of trashes...

• Hi,

Thank you for providing good points and steps to protect nature. But the question is how we can convince people to follow them. I addition, some governments up to now refusing to sign treaties to protect the planet against global warming and the use of flourocarbon gas which causes the erosion of the Ozone Layer which protects the earth against the heat of the sun. In 1980, we wrote a paper on that and warnned the world against the  bad effects of some gases on the Ozone Layer and the forests. I hope we all cooperate to protect our planet, otherwise the planet will be dry and we die. Thank you.       

• @ Mcfly,

Thank you my friend for your ideas on how we can help our nature. You're right, less consumption of anything means less carbon emissions or pollution. People should work for a common goal for nature's welfare and for the future generation.

• @ Jane del villi,

Great tips my friend. I hope a lot of our friends here will acquire what you do to save mother Earth. Thank you so much for spending your time to share your thoughts regarding this discussion. Take care my friend....

• @ Tara,

Hello my friend, thanks a lot for sharing the things that we can do to help our nature. You really are a lucky mother because your children know how to help our planet in just simple ways. And I'm glad for that too. All the things that we do for the environment are for the next generation. They deserve to experience beautiful things that we have seen so far. I'm glad that a lot of members are responding to this discussion and I believe the things that we listed here will serve as reminders to all. Happy Mother's Day....

• Dearest anele,

That's a good deed of yours. Unfortunately a lot of people on some barangays are lazy enough to segregate their trashes which leads to flooding. Local governments should implement stricter rules on proper segregation and punish who doesn't follow them. I hope they should realize the wrath of typhoons Ondoy and Pepeng in 2009...

Thanks a lot for responding on this discussion. Take care my friend.
This reply was deleted.