HI EC MEMBERS !

Definitely each place,country ,city ,town even province has their own  customs & traditions

but some of them r  observed with their weird  customs which aren't observed  other regions.as well as we know there r a lot bizzare traditions  from around the world like a

♣-living with the dead

♣-to kill the new born baby who is invalid

♣-to send a husband & wife a far away from their home to da rock places who decided to divorce

♣-some clans eat the flesh of their relatives passed away

♣-some priest sprawl into the box & waiting their death

& so on kinda odd  traditions  which made us to observe queer feelings like a surprised,shoked,regretful,scary,worried ...etc (even some them made me laugh lolzzzz) 

i just so curious & wanna know  'bout the weird traditons in ur country 

does ur city ,province or ur generation has that type of bizzare customs ?or maybe u know concering  da traditons  of other places 

've u ever heard some informations  regarding curent content made u to surprise ?

pls share here  

i m so willing  to know & get new informations

10x u :)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello Ahmet 

lol so tha is funny

she is better to go to doctor instead of using barber's tools awwww,

i 've never meet with this cusstom in my country truly even have not heard till now 

so i just wonder how people can stilll can belive that type of tenets 

10x u so much for sharing this )))

• Hi Sera,

I think we haven't bizarre traditions in our country, but there are some superstitions that I explain some.

In the past people believed that "owl" is an ominous bird and a newborn baby must be kept away from this bird.

A lotus tree has elf.

A pregnant woman must not be alone , because a bogeyman comes and takes her.

• hi dear Saba 

i dont think u wrote here they r  customs or traditions ,

they r all tenets which people used to belive in before & i assure u  these faiths r still available in some provinces

even some places in my country i observed the thoughts of people concerning owl,lotus tree several times

10x u so much for  ur  opinion  :)

• Hi Sera,

Yes, as I said before what I wrote are not traditions or customs. but because some educated women in my country believe them yet, it seems very strange to me.

• hello Saba

yup it is so sad to meet kinda humans who still belive in that kind of absurdity in a modern world,

but u well done by sharing this cuz i frequently meet with revealed drivels 

the same here so strange ))

• This reply was deleted.
    • HI RAYA 

awwwww  gotcha ,

think this custom is familiar for some countries :)

10x u !

• Hi:)I am from Sabah, Malaysia.There is a weird custom in one of the group of people here.They are called Dusun Bagahak. Once, I visited a friend's house in this Bagahak area.One of the neighbour (a girl),came to the house and asked for a pair of scissors. (In a friendly manner), I asked the girl what she want to do with the scissors...Her reply caught my tongue in my throat..I was really shocked. Her reply was, they were going to cut a white linen for her dying grandmother.... I still remember,  I asked he rfor  the second time,"Ur grandmother is not dead yet?"....The girl just smiled and said,'not yet'.Maybe she thought ,what a silly question..Then,when I look their house compound, I saw a group of men  building a hut for people to rest during the funeral....I asked my friend about this and she said, it is Dusun Bagahak's custom...They prepare all the things when someone is dying. She said, they will dance and drink when someone dies, to celebrate the day  'that person' goes to the new world.And she said, it was merrier than a wedding day..I was really  shocked for the first time I knew this:) 

• hello   ^k_A_T^

truly  surprising custom u informed us ,

hmm  honestly it is familiar to me cuz i 've read kinda shoked informations regarding some demise traditions &  in my vision  some of them so nasty ,,the custom u wrote  here 'bout DUSUN BAGAHAK  it is  better  than the  customs which i read  from google  concerning eating the flesh of dead 

now i can imagine ur circumstance while u was  a guest of there  lolzzz

10x u so much for  sharing such an interesting report :)

• yes.... imagine,they are well-prepared for a funeral even though that particular person is not dead yet..ok, u're most welcome:)

• It is very common in my place to see a alive man or woman who buys a good place in  the graveyard  for himself .and to by some staff like a good  coffin. Thanks for sharing .

This reply was deleted.