Dear all my EC friends...

I want to feel you out about "Wedding Party".

Concepts:
You can see that people who hold a Wedding Party would spend a lot of money. Even sometimes they owe money to friends or even to the bank. The amounts of that money can be equal with money to buy car or a plain house. To see that they are a new couple, some of them have neither car nor house. Not to mention their daily need. Consider the money, what a about the poor and orphanage?

Have you heard there is a millionaire couple cancelled the big wedding party and change their plan to visit and share their wedding party cost to some orphanage?? They did.

Some people say it's once in life. So, to remind that moment, they should hold it at any cost. Else, just for tradition. (In Islam, I know at least we should let our neighbors and friends know about the marriage. Here, I talk about big wedding party which spend a lot of money)

My question is...
1. What is the essential of holding a wedding party?
2. Is it really worth to hold a wedding party? why?

Comments from married or unmarried people are very welcome..

I will be pleased to hear all your various opinions here..

Thank you very much, my friends.. :))

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am confused, Is this topic about the necessity to hold a wedding party or is it about the fun involved in wedding party and its benefits?? anyway i clear both.

i think it is not necessity to hold a wedding party nor there is anything wrong with organizing it but the amount of money you spend on it can be concerning for someones. you see the amount of food being wasted can be utilized to feed the poor. I think organizing a small party should be the priority. if you want to spend a lot of money better spend it on the poor people rather than spend on drinking, food etc.

• Hello Vikas Chaudhary,,

Of course it's about necessity. The fun and benefit we discussed is the reasons of their opinion. :)

Well, I'm glad to see your opinion here. Sure, you got my point. A lot of money better spend it for the poor people rather than spend for drink, food etc. If I may add, rather than spend money for dresses and decorated place. Agree with you, we should concern to hold a small party.

Thank you so much for dropping by and your great discussion, Vikas :))

Vikas Chaudhary's Discussions
      Vikas Chaudhary's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • In life we have to make choices. Paying for a wedding or using the money for something else is a choice. You need to choose what is best for you.

A wedding ceremony is important to people getting married and their families and friends, but you can have an inexpensive wedding and use the money better for something else.

In some cultures eg, Vietnamese, wedding guests contribute money towards the cost of the wedding.

It's hard to balance the expectations your families and friends have with what you want to do with your money, but at some stage you have to make a decision based on your priorities.

• Hello Mr.Robinoz,,

Guests contribute money?? Does it mean guests give the money for the couple as they wish when they're coming to the party?. If so, here too. But the fact,, the amount of the money is usually not equal with the spent money. Max. a half or less. And actually it means we hope something from the guests, hehe. Hmm..But yes, so many countries have that cultures. It made some couple think, "don't worry, our money would be back". :D

It's a choice anyway. The wastefulness which I mean is an excessive party. I hope even the very rich people wouldn't do that.

It's a pleasant to see you here and thank you very much for your valuable advice.. So useful for us... Have a pleasant day, Mr.Robinoz. :)

Robinoz's Discussions
      Robinoz's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • Evaaa, you're too exaggerating... I just replied with what I want to say.... But thank you so much for appreciating my work, my comment... You always have a beautiful dialogue (comment) with all of us.:)

I'm really glad if I made you happy. I want to do it more and more...

Thanks for the wishes, I wish back to you all the happiness in life.

Hug and smiles for my friend, Eva! :))

• Evangelina,, whoaaa...is this you, Eva?? I thought the fairy was talking, hehe, kidding. :))

Much more cozier you said. Hmm, of course I agree with you, Eva. I think it's not worthless if you spend money for the wedding party mainly for the delicious cake and food as long as it's not an excessive amount. I like food too, *even so, I'm still being so thin...:((, haha.

Well, I do not believe in happy everlasting marriage too, but not the death, if the death is too early, otherwise it will bring much unforgettable memories, I think. Nevertheless, I believe there will be many ways to refresh the loves of a couple everyday till the end of the day, so keep in love to those who have been married, and I wish we'll find the perfect love for us who haven't married yet. :)))

Dear Eva, thank you so much for sharing your opinion and joining this discussion. Smile from here.. :))

• In my native country the family of the bride pay for the wedding. The couple can choose to have a massive wedding and reception after and put the parents in debt, or they can choose something less expensive. The Husband's family pays for the honeymoon in the US and that can again get very expensive.

My wife and I chose to keep things very simple:

We had a small wedding with immediate family invited.

We had a reception informal meal (including Bar-B-Q) at her parent's house for maybe 20 people.

Then we took camping equipment from my family and camped out on a deserted beach where spent the days swimming, exploring and fishing. It was better having a beach to ourselves than any expensive resort i have seen.

• Hello Mr.Bob,,

Ohhh...It's so sweet, Mr.Bob....Really, what a wonderful idea...:)

"In my native country the family of the bride pay for the wedding", same with here in my country,, but if parents do not have enough money, it will be payed by the couple itself. That's why, celebrate or not, it depends on their decision.

Oh, it's bad to know that husband's family would spend more money for honeymoon..hmm, I think it's their choose anyway. They want to find happiness for their special days. And it's really a good idea of your experience, Mr.Bob. Many thanks for sharing your experience here...

Again, thank you very much for giving a valuable comment in this discussion, Mr.Bob. :)

I wish you always have a great day!! ^^ For all of you too... :)

Mr. Bob's Discussions
      Mr. Bob's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • Dear onee are you satisfied with everybody comments.
    • Hehehehe, Nimzaf...

It's not satisfaction that I am searching for. But..mm...yeah, you're right. It opens my mind that I'm not the one who think the same with friends here... I'm very happy to know their various opinion about the wedding party that sometimes concerns and bothers to mind,

"Why people so exaggerate with this celebration. Sometimes I see some unimportant quarreling about preparation and money. The preparation were just too complicated and takes so much time, maybe in a month or more. After that, it would be happened just in a day." Huffhhh, It's just be in my heart. That's why I want to know why ...

:))

Never mind, I do not hate them at all. I just don't like the bad things happened. I wish we could be wise people to face everything and put everything on the right place and right moment.

Thank you so much for concerning my discussion, dear bro Nimzaf... :))

Nimzaf's Discussions
      Nimzaf's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
This reply was deleted.