Giving a birth is without doubt one of the hardest and the most beautiful moments of our life.. The thing is that a baby has two parents not just mom - who goes through pregnancy and had to suffer while giving a birth... there is also DAD responsible for "creating" new life...Do you think dad should be in delivery room to support his wife, partner meanwhile she is going through the hell?I personally find it very important and apart from these who are scared of blood or seeing their wife in pain.. I would recommand this experience to every man and I am thankful to our hospitals which allow it and let both parents enjoy this very emotional and nice moment together...P.S. Let me add that it is decent thing not like some of you would imagine dad at the place of doctor...dad place is ofc somewhere else :D

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Luci,

A very interesting topic here!

I accept that cultural differences may exclude fathers from being at his child's birth. Giving birth is a very intimate event and is messy with lots of blood and raw emotion expressed by the mother. I sense that in some cultures, men have difficulty dealing with this.

On the other hand, I don't understand why a husband should not be with his wife when she is giving birth to a baby that both of them have created.

Surely, if they both want to be together at this time so a husband can support a wife during the birth, who's to say this is unacceptable and wrong. After all, marriage is a union which should share all aspects of living...

Why should hospitals not allow a husband to be with his wife when she is giving birth? Do these bureaucrats that run hospitals think they are Gods? They are simply servants of the women who come to give birth.

If a wife wants her husband to hold her hand as she gives birth to their child, that's it - end of story - who has the right to say no? 

• Rosemary,

thank you for your opinion, dear..I know it might be not allowed in some cultures etc. Anyway the point is that they both made a baby ...so why only SHE should be lonely suffering in pain? Husband can be very supportive and ehmm even though I thought I would kill hil there as I am kinda not in good mood while going through pain...eventually it helped me that he hold my hand or just I didn't feel so lonely and his face when he saw our both kids was unforgottable.. btw I find weird that man shouldn't see woman in pain as this pain is caused because of giving birth to HIS BABY ;)
    Thanks again for stopping by.

Rosemary said:

Hi , a very interesting  discussion  I think it's difficult  for men to be  there actually  , I don't  accept  it maybe  because  of my traditional  norms . Women here claims  that if he the husband  see u in pain it's  bad . I don't know  for real and about the moment of giving  birth they also claim here that a women  shouldn't  tell anyone even here mom

People her say that she will have a difficult  labour :( she ought to be patient  and wait 

For the baby coming    Thank for sharing  dear  Luci 

Should a dad be in delivery room?
    Giving a birth is without doubt one of the hardest and the most beautiful moments of our life.. The thing is that a baby has two parents not just mom…
  • Esta,

thank you for your comment like I said it is individual but I think it is nice and especially supportive for womamn when her man is there with her :p m happy you survived it and didn't faint! Watta big boy you are!

Estanis said:
    Most of the fathers I know who have attended to his son/daughter's birth state to be a memorable day and gratifying experience. In my case, well don't know how exactly describing the moment... maybe unusual, odd, peculiar... at least till the moment the nurse commanded me to sit down when saw my pale face.
    It's not so delightful watching your wife's face similar to an exorcism and telling you to shut up even with some inappropriate words. So, for me the best part started after it :)
    Should a dad be in delivery room?
    Giving a birth is without doubt one of the hardest and the most beautiful moments of our life.. The thing is that a baby has two parents not just mom…
  • Most of the fathers I know who have attended to his son/daughter's birth state to be a memorable day and gratifying experience. In my case, well don't know how exactly describing the moment... maybe unusual, odd, peculiar... at least till the moment the nurse commanded me to sit down when saw my pale face.
    It's not so delightful watching your wife's face similar to an exorcism and telling you to shut up even with some inappropriate words. So, for me the best part started after it :)
This reply was deleted.