There are things in this world which can't be explained by our RELIGIONS but can be explained by SCIENCE so if your religion says that a particular thing exist and science claims it doesn't  vice versa...... who would you believe in  SCIENCE OR YOUR RELIGION  and why......

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...it is for all three of you Sama, Asmaa and Anah when you say that your religion explains every thing, this claim of yours surprises me a lot ....is it really possible for a religion to explain EVERYTHING.....you can't bury your head in the sand just to avoid the facts.......
  • This reply was deleted.
    • HI Hamidreza nice and logical comment ....i agree with u that we do make mistakes, we are not perfect ....your point is well taken.....
  • thanks .........but we have to be realistic.........
  • Dear Narendra, This is a really important question and one of the problems of humankind actually. Personally, I believe what makes sense weather in science or religion. And, there is something that makes me extremely upset, which is people love their religion, however, If you ask people, they think their religion is the best of all. And, since they accept everything based on what they believe or what is defined for them, they don't accept others if they have different religion or ideas or opinions. Then, they think that they are very religious. But, in my view, this is not religion because first, you think you are better than others. Which religion wants us to be like that? I think religions want us to be humble. Then, they ignore all that have different religion. So, where is compassion towards humanity? So, they become egoic and arrogant instead of being religious.

I think the best religion is the one which makes you more humble, compassionate, forgiving and to love all people equally no matter what kind of religion they have.

• HI Nafis ji i completely agree with you....why do we keep on bragging about our own religion .....no religion says that it has every thing ..and this is the best that one can have.....loving your religion is one thing ...but believing that my religion can't be wrong and it is impeccable is another thing.....you are a moderate voice that is way it is always nice to know your opinion ..........thanks for your comment bye..............
  • ....it is acceptable that you love your religion so much,we all do believe and love our respective religions .....but if one becomes blind because of it ...then it is very sad ....end of the day every religion has been formed or established for the betterment of people ...and NOT for spoiling their lives......it is very dangerous trend.....
  • I'm not really religious, but I'm not also complete atheist. I really don't know....

If example: Some scientist would prove that there's no such thing as, magic, witchcraft, fairy, spirits and other that kind of things.. and they never existed. I suppose if it's well proved and backed by science and facts.. I should believe.. although it would make me very sad and unhappy.

Fortunately it's difficult to prove that something doesn't exist. They could only prove that in this hour that day and year there wasn't anything unexplained happening in some certain location that they observed, but also science admits that there may be things they don't know yet and are unable to measure... so even that's not certain.

Anyway. I rather believe into science than religion, but I also believe to possibility that there may be some unfathomable things that can't be explained by science.. The world would be too boring otherwise. ^_^

I'm certain there actually are UFO's spirits, witches, fairy, angels, dragons and etc.Whatever the science, or religion, or sane mind says. ^_^

• Dear Hardi! Your attitude to this problem is absolutely clear and I have already replied to your comment (see above). However, I'd like to add a few words. If you, or any other person, hesitates, I recommend to read one of the greatest books ever written on this subject. It is "Pagan Christ" by Robert Stone, 1900 edition. If you still hesitate after reading it, you are welcome to go on with this discussion
    • Hardi! I have attentively read your reply. Knowing me you may be surprised but I agree. Science is the first, no doubt, but there should be some free space for dreaming. Otherwise life would be dull. However, I would rather believe in UFO and alians than in  holly conception. Have you ever met a woman pregnant of spirit?
    • Since I don't know whether spirits really exist, or whether I can see them. I think that even when there was a woman pregnant by spirit. I might not see her pregnancy also.. :P

Well, I think the religion is actually rather like a medium for people that helps them to commune with them selves... It's how people translate the words in those books. So some people might get idea that it tells them to love and tolerate everyone, while some people understand it a way as to go to kill. So the religion is a tool to help people to communicate with their inner self. Unfortunately not everyone learn to translate it for their own way.. to find them self or smth. There's many people following some leaders etc. There are also some who in-tolerate people who understand those words indifferently.

It's one of the wonder of human language. Some of the sentences can be understand many ways.. People may find hidden meaning that never existed in there.

The religions that survive best are the ones more flexible and dynamic. So when science comes out with new useful things, then also the religion can adapt them.

Science too, can be rigid. There's many scientists been labeled as crazy.. While there's many religious people being labeled heretic and pagans... Whether it's science or whether it's religion, the important thing is still the ability to use your own head. The information you heard or read from science book or from religious book can't beat the things you game up by your own..

This reply was deleted.