On / In / At English Club

English Club members are using these three prepositions when indicating English Club. Can we really use any of them?

Let's all define which one is really the correct one.

Prepositions are words that show the relationship between a noun or a pronoun. We use "on" when we are indicating the internet world. An example: "Nobody knows who you are on the internet." (Remember on Facebook, on Skype etc.) We use "at" before clubs. An example: "I saw him at the Laila Night Club yesterday." I have seen some people using "in the club" as well, I am not sure if it is correct. Well, about "in"... It seems like it is the most inappropriate one to use even though I also prefer "in".

What do you think? Which one is correct and which one do you use? Why?

Josef Essberger's answer:

Brian Grover's answer:

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• But, I think we can't apply this logic to everything, can we? For example, it fails when we are talking about from the smallest place which is street to the biggest place which is universe.

• Where?

-          Live, At. Specific place. Address. 

-          Work. At a school. At a hospital.

-          Eat. At home.

-         On. Street

-         Eat. On a plate.

-        Do. In .Cities. Education.

-        Eat. In a restaurant.

• Hello Javier,

Thanks for replying. It is also possible to say "in the street" if I am not mistaken. There is a British and American difference among both.

• Thank you for your useful examples. If you say we can use both "in" and "at" that means you see English Club as a real place. :)

• Yasoo!!

I think IN :)

well,give me time to think...:D

• Just like your intimate friend Coldy! You are lazy too.... kekeke

• Lazy :O

I use "ON" EC....It's my opinion,like we say ON youtube,or ON facebook.

According to me the preposition ON should be used when referring to a specific site , place,  name ,or location.

• So, you gave up with IN? heheh... =P

Thanks for contributing Asma...

• I met him ON EnglishClub

• Thank you for replying dear Oriani...

This reply was deleted.