In celebration of Father's Day, let us have an activity to enhance our vocabulary. I would like you to describe your father in one or more words. You may use adjectives and nouns to tell us something about him.

You may also expand your answers by telling us your reasons why you chose those words.

Examples:

My father is a painter. He likes to paint because he wants to express his emotions.

My father is an industrious man. He keeps himself busy by managing a business.

Now it's your turn.... Good luck!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My father......

He is the most creative person. Although he has not ever graduated from any school, his brain is really like a scientist. From a zero to a hero....... He work so hard to make the prosperous life for his family even for their future. He is very good in business.

He taught us (his family) not to be an extravagance persons in every things. I remember a lot of one thing, he said "What is the use of having many clothes for? It will be a mop anyway" :D It stuck in my mind. From there, I get used to not buying many clothes or too expensive clothes, but enough. :)

Great topic, Robbie! Thanks. :)

• Really sorry to hear that, bro Nimzaf. So, you have lots of love from mother.

• My father is a mechanical man, he likes to fix things around him.
  • good.. May i request to God.. Your father stay as same like that,,

• good Nimzaf..This is your good patience

• My father is officer in Chemical Company..he works very hard working...he is very honest and loyal  with his company..he likes spend much time in pray in Masjid.. he wants everyone happy in their life..and never get a trouble.. I'm proud of my Father,,

• So glad to read your reply! Does he look like Beethoven? Fathers are protective and responsible that make them our heroes. Cheers to all responsible fathers! :)

• You bet right, it's hard to have a dull moment with a person with such a strong personality. And yes, I have a happy family and I'm grateful for that.

It's always a pleasure to participate in your discussions!! :)

• My father is a wine tapper, he taps a very good palm wine that makes people feel happy all the time.
  • God bless your father, Adaline! Your father is such a talented person. You must have been really proud of him. Thank you for taking the time to participate on this discussion! :)

This reply was deleted.