Replies

• :)) ok:))))

• It ain't Jeopardy!
    635977273595206210-1150818395_tumblr_ne6iemmw1q1qfcx4to3_250.gifChill.
    MARY said:

English... erm... English is a language, a nationality, a Channel, and a kind of tea (English Breakfast)

Is that okay? :/

How Do You Describe The English?
    The English is For me a puzzle or a part of idioms, so for you?
  • tenor.gif

MARY said:

Sorry but...

Confused-Cat.jpg?width=300
    rosa said:

Hi Dear Mary, first of all thanks to your opinion, this is true and yes it is ok but not enough... Therefore the english is live we could not say stop:) 

•    Hello Peppo, 

Thank you to your answer, tc and good time:))

Peppo said:

Hello Rosa,.
    I would like to say about English from literature's point of view. English was formerly spoken by Anglo-Saxon in Britain long time ago. It was known as Angeles, which means language -spoken- by Angels. There were a long history about this. But I am taking this into account that I am learning a language that some people claimed has been spoken by angels, lol xD
  •  

Bob Allan Hello, 

Thank you to your big answer, it is so great and has good opinion:) 

TC, good day!!!

bob allan said:

Hello Rosa,

If you want to use "The English" in a grammatically correct form then you are talking about a group of people; for example, the Spanish, the French, the Italians, and so on.

I am a British (English) citizen (according to my passport...). In answer to your question, I would describe The English as rather conservative, somewhat racist now that the people from Britain's former colonies have made their home in Britain. They like their cups of tea with a slice of cake and a biscuit to dunk in the tea. They enjoy a breakfast of sausages, bacon, fried eggs, and toast slathered in butter and, of course, the cup or two of tea to wash it all down.

However, on the music scene, things were very different. During the 1960's, the Rolling Stones and The Beatles crashed into British pop music, and things were never the same again. Their music changed local and international pop and rock, although it should be pointed out that both groups were themselves influenced by blues music from the US of A during their formative (early) years.

And in 1973, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon, one of the biggest five rock albums of all time. I'm biased, but I believe British musicians had an enormous influence on the direction of pop and rock music.

(You may notice that I refer to the British in the 3rd person. That's because I have been a New Zealand resident for the last 70 years. My heart is in two countries).

Hail to the Brits!

Margaret Thatcher's right-wing policies in Britain crushed working classes in the 1980's. In 2003, Tony Blair pulled Britain into the US war in Iraq to please his American buddy and current president at the time, George W Bush. The British people are still suffering from the effects of these two idiots.

Politicians be damned! Think carefully about the people in your government. Many of them are stupid. They have little idea about needs of the people and are more interested in the money and power they can accrue.

Most of them are arseholes.

• Hello Rosa,.
    I would like to say about English from literature's point of view. English was formerly spoken by Anglo-Saxon in Britain long time ago. It was known as Angeles, which means language -spoken- by Angels. There were a long history about this. But I am taking this into account that I am learning a language that some people claimed has been spoken by angels, lol xD

•      Thank you to your response... tc..

sinceremente
    EC Member said:

I'd compare English to life as there always is something new to learn about )

•      Thank you so much dear Jeffrey, that is become fluency from my opininon:)) Have a good time, 

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Raven said:

Hello Rosa,

If you want to use "The English" in a grammatically correct form then you are talking about a group of people; for example, the Spanish, the French, the Italians, and so on.

I am a British (English) citizen (according to my passport...). In answer to your question, I would describe The English as rather conservative, somewhat racist now that the people from Britain's former colonies have made their home in Britain. They like their cups of tea with a slice of cake and a biscuit to dunk in the tea. They enjoy a breakfast of sausages, bacon, fried eggs, and toast slathered in butter and, of course, the cup or two of tea to wash it all down.

However, on the music scene, things were very different. During the 1960's, the Rolling Stones and The Beatles crashed into British pop music, and things were never the same again. Their music changed local and international pop and rock, although it should be pointed out that both groups were themselves influenced by blues music from the US of A during their formative (early) years.

And in 1973, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon, one of the biggest five rock albums of all time. I'm biased, but I believe British musicians had an enormous influence on the direction of pop and rock music.

(You may notice that I refer to the British in the 3rd person. That's because I have been a New Zealand resident for the last 70 years. My heart is in two countries).

Hail to the Brits!

Margaret Thatcher's right-wing policies in Britain crushed working classes in the 1980's. In 2003, Tony Blair pulled Britain into the US war in Iraq to please his American buddy and current president at the time, George W Bush. The British people are still suffering from the effects of these two idiots.

Politicians be damned! Think carefully about the people in your government. Many of them are stupid. They have little idea about needs of the people and are more interested in the money and power they can accrue.

Most of them are arseholes.

• I'd compare English to life as there always is something new to learn about )

• Sorry but...

Confused-Cat.jpg?width=300
    rosa said:

Hi Dear Mary, first of all thanks to your opinion, this is true and yes it is ok but not enough... Therefore the english is live we could not say stop:) 

This reply was deleted.