Most societies have their own interpretation when it comes to dreams. In a typical Malay society, if a girl dreamed being bitten by a snake, it meant that she was getting married.

So, tell me about your dreams and what they meant in your society.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In our country, dreaming of someone whom you can't recognize his/her face means someone close to you is going to get sick or die.  

This is similar to a situation wherein we sometimes see a friend faceless among the group.  Have you experienced this eerie situation before Noaspls?

• Dear Anele . I don't recall having such eerie dreams before. I don't want to face it. I think I will wake up from such dream sweating.

• Dear Anele,

Hmm.. I am not sure of the interpretation of this dream . LOL. I've been searching and searching for its meaning, but I can't find it. What does it meant in your Society? Tell me. I am curious.

• In the Philippines, a snake in a dream has a double meaning.  It could be luck, money or fortune.  But it could also mean that someone close to you is going to betray you.

• Dear Anele

Though a snake is really scary, whether in dreams or real, I think I prefer it means dreaming of it can bring luck and fortune.

• MEHR. 

You are making me crazy, you know that, don't you? And thanks to you, I am getting more white hairs. :-P And I put 150% the blame on you. You can always whisper them to me. No one else would read what you wrote if you put "FOR THE EYES OF NOASLPLS ONLY. Do not dare to read them". Tsk, tsk, tsk. 

Do you know that in my Society, we had the same interpretations with regards to teeth being pulled or chipped teeth?. It means that you are going to lose someone that you know or love.

• Dear Nissa.

I am afraid of them too, whether it is just a dream or real. I can only imagine your feelings when you were chased by a snake. OHMY. It must traumatized you. 

Your society's dream interpretation about snake is a bit different from Malay and some of Indonesian's people. Really interesting.

• in my region people also believe in dreams. for instance if people saw snake it means that in coming days he may get some wealth somehow
    • Hi Ulugbek

WOW. It seems that dreaming about snakes are really good, in nearly every societies. Now, I just need not to feel afraid of snakes in real life. LOL

• If you dream someone is death it means that they will have longevity.

My dream is better than box-office movie! :)
    I wish I could manage what to dream..
This reply was deleted.