Can we change BAD character?

Hello all MyEC friends,

Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardly could ignore it. If this BAD was getting more critical, this could harm us or spoil our relationship with people. So, my question is..

• Can we change BAD character?
  • If YES, HOW?.........If NO, WHY?

In my own opinion, there are only two steps, willingness and learning.

Note: some of BAD characters could be 

• quick tempered
  • panicky
  • inconsistent
  • revengeful
  • intolerant
  • careless
  • difficult to motivate themselves
  • less empathy
  • hard to admit mistakes
  • and many more.  

This is NOT about HABIT, ATTITUDE or BEHAVIOR. In case of confusion, please read my blog about the definition of them.

Thank you very much for reading and joining this discussion. You could share tips and/or experiences here. I would be glad to hear from you. :)

---------------------

Have a look at this one real story:

A father, who always be angry to every family member whatever they did, right or wrong. He's not as cruel as people saw, but he's just QUICK-TEMPERED. He doesn't really like hit the things or family members body, but just talk with high tone in every situation so often. He learnt how to manage himself not to do it, but years has gone by. This CHARACTER HAS MADE HIM GET FAR FROM HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Fortunately he has a patient wife. All that he could do is less talking. At his age, he's a bit late to repent. But, in other way, all the family still love him.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why 'never', dearest AseventhreeeightaBe optimistic! ^^

A738a said:

Never-GIF.gif

Hello all MyEC friends, Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardl…
  • Hello! I speak english bad, but I will try to explain what I mean. I think that you must change your bad character if even one family member suffer by you. You should try to catch youself at the moment then you are starting to show you bad charаcter, and at this moment close your mouth and keep silent. That look very difficult, but if you will try, you can. Sometimes I also do it, because my character is not so good.

• Of course  we can  ....especially  when  we  realize  the  out come  of it .

• Never-GIF.gif

• I think that human being is so powerful to do anything. Controlling the conditions is possible. Nothing is impossible. It may be hard, but if you try hard, even a bit of change is precious. For example, you are short-tempered. You should work on yourself. In different situations, remind yourself of the consequences of your being short-tempered. Talk to yourself. Little by little you can lessen the degree of your bad character.

In Islam, we have precious ways to help ourselves get rid of bad characters. The holy Koran verses, and the Prophet (PBUH) and his followers have given us precious words in different situations. 

Whenever a bad character of us appears, we can get away from it by remembering God and asking His help.

There are a lot of ways to make a change in yourself. You can be in the community of those who avoid the bad characters you are to get rid of. On the other hand, try not to be in company of those who have the same bad characters, or at least try to lessen the time you may visit them.

Doing sports has good effects on one's character. To be involved in a kind of sport, can release the bad vibes in you, and will free you. Do sports continuously.

Foods also can affect your character. There are studies on the effect of different foods and fruits. You can have a study on them. In Iran, we have different drinks that has different affects. 

So changing inherited characters is possible, though it may seem hard at the first step.

Thanks for the good topic.

Have a nice time.

:)

• Hi Edwin,

I'm glad that you agree with me. I hope many people think positive and have an optimistic soul like you. Thank you for commenting. :)

Edwin0123 said:

Of course we can change a bad character, I do believe that.

All depends on one's willing to change it. 

Hello all MyEC friends, Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardl…
  • Of course we can change a bad character, I do believe that.

All depends on one's willing to change it. 

• Hi David, thanks for that smile.

Let me interpret that it means you like my reply. Thank you. :D :) 

David said:

:)

Onee-chan said:

Hi David

Glad you found it interesting. I think to question the characters should be done by every one, for introspection. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts here. I appreciate it a lot. :)

David said:

Thank you for your article Onee-Chan. It was interesting to read how you differentiated between a bad person and a bad character. I suppose whenever a person is not getting the results they want in their life, they have to question their character. 

• Hi Sima,

I agree with you that EXPERIENCES in life can teach us many things. The ones that can take the benefit are the ones who can seriously learn from that. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts here. Glad to meet you. :)

sima said:

Hi, I think nothing can change people's good or bad characters except experiences in life. they can deeply teach us many things.
  • Hi, I think nothing can change people's good or bad characters except experiences in life. they can deeply teach us many things.
This reply was deleted.