Can we change BAD character?

Hello all MyEC friends,

Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardly could ignore it. If this BAD was getting more critical, this could harm us or spoil our relationship with people. So, my question is..

• Can we change BAD character?
  • If YES, HOW?.........If NO, WHY?

In my own opinion, there are only two steps, willingness and learning.

Note: some of BAD characters could be 

• quick tempered
  • panicky
  • inconsistent
  • revengeful
  • intolerant
  • careless
  • difficult to motivate themselves
  • less empathy
  • hard to admit mistakes
  • and many more.  

This is NOT about HABIT, ATTITUDE or BEHAVIOR. In case of confusion, please read my blog about the definition of them.

Thank you very much for reading and joining this discussion. You could share tips and/or experiences here. I would be glad to hear from you. :)

---------------------

Have a look at this one real story:

A father, who always be angry to every family member whatever they did, right or wrong. He's not as cruel as people saw, but he's just QUICK-TEMPERED. He doesn't really like hit the things or family members body, but just talk with high tone in every situation so often. He learnt how to manage himself not to do it, but years has gone by. This CHARACTER HAS MADE HIM GET FAR FROM HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Fortunately he has a patient wife. All that he could do is less talking. At his age, he's a bit late to repent. But, in other way, all the family still love him.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Arif saeed,

Wow! I really like your reply here, brother. You're the only one who connected it perfectly with surah in Qur'an. Thanks. :)

Absolutely I agree with you. The way you show us how to change BAD character is very logical. Sometimes someone said "I want to be like this and that". But then he/she didn't do it according to the words. It ruined all the plans. Being WELL AWARE of our attitude could also help a lot to build a good character. I believe in it. What more I have to say, you described it well. :)

It's okay, my dear bro. There's no much differences between one and another. Reading some lines is enough, I think. Thank you very much for leaving such valuable reply. :)

• Wow, TOMDI LUCKY

What a GREAT ANSWER..! I really agree with you. We should start from the WAY WE THINK.

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. 

• Yes we can. Our character is always influenced by the way we think. Therefore,we can change our character if we change the way we think.
  • Hello vick nguyen, yes, you can say that. Changing bad habit could be a good way. Let me make an example here..

When someone is hard to admit mistakes. He tends to never say "Sorry". The first thing he should and could do is to appreciate others, at least.................. When he regretted for his mistakes, actually he wanted to say sorry but his self-esteem had blocked it................... It's difficult for certain people. But, I think good social and environment could teach them. And sure, the most important thing is he SHOULD REALIZE FIRST about his bad character, he could CURE HIMSELF MORE THAN OTHERS. So, the one, he should try to learn to say "SORRY".

I'm sure your father has a great family who could be patient with him. I wish the best for you and your family.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and opinion here. I'm so glad you joined my discussion. :)

• In my opinion

I think we can budge our bad character if we really want to change. Character is a part of habit, just change our habit, change a little ... a little and final we will change our bad character. 

Even, we can't budge bad character of another person because they must use their spirit power to do that.

I also have a real story in my family like your story.

My father who always be hard to admit mistakes , he always believe his faith is right..... everybody in my family feel sad about that. We have tried to persuade him to change his character, but we was fail. Now we are patient with him, and ready to get consequence form him as it's natural in life

• Thanks for agreeing, suhani. Nice to meet you. :)

• Yes ..we can...
  • I'm really glad you spent your time here, my brother Arif Saeed. Anytime you can read when you have your leisure time. My best wishes to you. 

Ok, ok..I won't ask you. I can guess it. :)

Thank you very much for sharing your view, my dear brother. :)

• Yes, we can, :) but don't ask me how. It is a secret :). Honestly speaking I didn't read the whole of your discussion due to scarcity of time, I will read it in my leisure time and derive some benefits from it.

Your brother :)
    Arif
  • Thank you Erick Felipe. You're quite right. It depends on how much we want it. 

Glad to have your opinion here. :)

This reply was deleted.