Can we change BAD character?

Hello all MyEC friends,

Character is brought by nature. There are good and bad in every person. Some of us could realize our BAD character, but hardly could ignore it. If this BAD was getting more critical, this could harm us or spoil our relationship with people. So, my question is..

• Can we change BAD character?
  • If YES, HOW?.........If NO, WHY?

In my own opinion, there are only two steps, willingness and learning.

Note: some of BAD characters could be 

• quick tempered
  • panicky
  • inconsistent
  • revengeful
  • intolerant
  • careless
  • difficult to motivate themselves
  • less empathy
  • hard to admit mistakes
  • and many more.  

This is NOT about HABIT, ATTITUDE or BEHAVIOR. In case of confusion, please read my blog about the definition of them.

Thank you very much for reading and joining this discussion. You could share tips and/or experiences here. I would be glad to hear from you. :)

---------------------

Have a look at this one real story:

A father, who always be angry to every family member whatever they did, right or wrong. He's not as cruel as people saw, but he's just QUICK-TEMPERED. He doesn't really like hit the things or family members body, but just talk with high tone in every situation so often. He learnt how to manage himself not to do it, but years has gone by. This CHARACTER HAS MADE HIM GET FAR FROM HER SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Fortunately he has a patient wife. All that he could do is less talking. At his age, he's a bit late to repent. But, in other way, all the family still love him.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We can do it ..depending on how much we want to change it ... of course we truly need to want it ...
  • Hello ♪♪Blessing♪♪, something is missing. :))) I like your view. :D

When it happened, we would better help and support them rather than feel strange, I think. :D

Thank you a lot for joining my discussion. I'm so glad. :)

• Dear Madam Nadira,

Yes, you could say so. I actually pick the list from the weakness, BUT not all. There are weakness, but not bad like SHY. And I've ensured them are same with bad character from the character traits.

Sure, NO ONE IS PERFECT, Madam. I just want to do introspection in everything as long as we realized it. :)

Thank you for your valuable thought. I'm glad to have here. :)

• Hi Daffodil, when we can't change CONSISTENTLY, I think we should learn how to be FIRM.

Thank you very much for sharing your view here. :)

• Hi Nangfa, it's true. It depends on the people around. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE would teach them how to have good personality. Anyway, still, we may loose one or two of their bad character which is hard to fix. Adults learn more from their EXPERIENCE.

Thank you very much for sharing your view. Nice to meet you. :)

• I like your sentence, Jasmine. A self-motivation. Thank you for that. :)

• Dear ELF Noor

If you meant to change bad habit, it's easier and needed a sorter time to fix. It also needs AWARENESS, but YES it's difficult for the one who is INCONSISTENT. 

Thanks dear, I'm glad you joined my discussion. :)

• No one  is perfect  and  they  learn  from  trial and  erors  most of  the list  I would  say  weaknes rather  than  bad bad mistakes  as  after all we are  humane  and  not  perfect  :)

Good post 

• Hi Asad Jafary, if you mean to make good attitude in every situation, wow! that's a great effort then.

Character here, I mean to our personality which could bring us to our success not only in social.

Thank you for sharing your opinion here. I'm glad you joined my discussion. :)

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hello JP_TP, so you mentioned about people who like lying, in other words LIAR or DISHONEST people. 

I remember people said there's a good lie and bad lie.lol. I'm not sure about this. But people who can't control themselves from lying usually tell the truth as soon as possible. Anyway, it's absolutely better to be HONEST. Sure, they can, IF they want to have good relationship with people. 

Thanks for sharing your view here. I'm glad. :)

This reply was deleted.