Hello everybody!

Learning English word by word is not enough for us to become fluent.

Have you ever confused when you hear someone said: "I'm still finding my feet" or "it cost an arm and a leg". 

Learning English phrases is very important.

Let's have a think. How many sentences you can make from 1000 English words? And are you sure all of them would be correct? And how
about with 100 English phrases? How many correct sentences you can make? I think you must got the point.

Taking Inspiration from learning together with game. I'd like to post this topic for us to practice in relaxing and help each other to fulfill the missing of what we are learning everyday. And beside, we will have a chance to memorize them by recalling over... and over again...

So, why not?

Let's share to be shared and enrich our English right now, shall we? 

It's time to take a look at the rules:

Write ONLY ONE your English phrase/idiom/expression, don't write more than one at the same time, how would happen if you were 
"choked" in learning them? ;-)  just pick one per day, and remember it.

Explain it (and accompany the hyperlink if you want)  BUT don't write any example for it, then give an example for the English phrase/idiom/expression was posted by the previous friend.

You can practice by giving some more examples for the phrases/idioms/expressions were given here before. NO LIMIT :)

What you should do in your turn would be like :

Suppose that :

The previous idiom : find my feet

My sentence: I've just got a new job for a few days. So I'm still finding my feet.

Your idiom: Cost an arm and a leg

Meaning of idiom: it's very expensive

You can refer these websites below ;-)

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/

http://www.usingenglish.com/

http://www.idiomeanings.com/idioms/

HAVE FUN GUYS !!!!!!!!! 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Sis Sakshi, 

Finally I catch you here now :) I'm very glad to have you among us, Please keep coming here my dear. Thank you very much.

My example: We can't trust her, she always spill the bean.

Your idiom: throw caution to the wind

Meaning of idiom: to do something in a much braver way despite the risks.

miserabl

• @ Dear Scarlett,

I just like to play by the rules :)

About similarity between idioms "take it or leave it" and "make or break"... In both cases are two extremes: "yes" or "no". So, I agree with you about the atmosphere os saying ;)

Return to the game.

My sentence: He arrived at his wedding just in the nick of time.

Your idiom: under the weather.

Meaning of idiom: to feel a little bit sick or depressed.

• @ Dear Marik,

(let me rewrite my words for you... huhu... I was writing so much)

You've never stepped out of the line and put it back into the way it should be. I highly appreciate it, dear!

It's very nice to see you here again, your idiom reminded me about the idiom "take it or leave it" that is not similar to mean, but seems the atmosphere of saying them are the same, what do you think about that?

My example : You, dear are no one else can decide to make or break your life.

Your idiom: "just in the nick of time"

Meaning of idiom : not too late, but very close

• Because of hekmatullah didn't give his idiom here is my sentence with idiom look down on:

Many people look down on bums.

Your idiom: make-or-break.

Meaning of idiom:a thing that decides success of failure.

• @ Dear Marik,

You've never stepped out of line, and always put it into the way it should be, dear ! I highly appreciate it! Nice to see you again here, hope it would be every now and then :)

BTW,  your idiom reminded me about this one : "Take it or leave it" It is not similar but seems the atmosphere of them are the same, What do you think about that?

My sample sentence : You, dear are no one else can decide to make or break your life.

Your idiom : just in the nick of time

Meaning of idiom: not too late, but very close!

• @ Dear Scarlett

I don't know why but your reply is empty :(

• OMG... huhuhu... my typing... :(((( it 's my poor network!

• Two months ago, i took an exam and I received a message from my friend "break a leg". In that moment, i didn't know about this idiom, so i replied "Poor you! Are you ok?". He laughed and explained it for me. Now i see, "break a leg" means "good luck"

Break a leg, everyone! :)

• Hi Siro :)

Welcome here! hihi... actually your name remind me about some juice in my country that names "Siro", I love it so much. It tastes sweet and smell good :) So, you must have been very interesting after getting the meaning, haven't you? :) Thanks for sharing your lovely story, I like it, such a sweet experience you had!

Dear Siro, would you like to join in this game with us? as everyone have been doing before, let start with the previous idiom. 

Looking forward to see your participation :) have fun!

• Hi Scarlett!

I'm from Vietnam and i understand what you meaned about my name! Yeah! I love these juice too :)

Of course, i'm very interested in joining in your game. I hope that i will get exciting experience here. Thank you so much! 

Have a nice day! :)

This reply was deleted.