You can use Skype to chat informally (get to know each other) or practice Specific English Skills (i.e. Practice asking and answering questions in a certain tense). Here is a List of Resources you can use to Spark a Skype discussion:
- The Learning English Video Project: Watch one of the Films before you Skype. Click on “Classroom Worksheet” and Do the Activities together on Skype.
- The Monthly News Digest: Each Month there are 4 Discussion Questions.
- Use the Talking Point Discussion Forum: You will never run out of things to Talk about. Work your way down the list.
- Practise Small Talk: Try all of the different Scenarios and Conversation Starters on these pages.
- Practise Dialogues: There are many Dialogues to practice in the English for Work section.
- Discuss Health Issues: Each Lesson in this section has a set of “Discussion” Questions.
- Discuss the Environment: Each Lesson in this section has a set of “Discussion” Questions.
- Make up your own set of 10-20 Questions. Interview your Skype Partner. (Take turns asking and answering questions.)