A Simple Qestion!

When we are a child, only a simple gift like a pen or a chocolate can make us happy but, when we grow up, we won't be happy even if we have the best gifts. Why? and why we do not experience the happiness as deep as our childhood?Take care,Nafis

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Nafis,
    I think our thinking is changed. for this reason , if we can change and return our thinking to childhood , we can enjoy more than now from this world and our life.
    Human while grow up his/her brain grow up too. so it becomes hard and it doesn't have childhood elegance. do you agree with me ?
  • may be Nafis when we grow older and wiser , our quest in life is greater
  • Hi everyone!

Nafis, thanks for interesting question!
    I think, that our feeling of happiness depends of our mind-habits.
    In fact, we mustn't have a lot of money/super-gift ore something else to be happy. If you have a habit: every day to feel happiness/delight/amazing – you will feel this. It is like exercise every morning. Your body can get accustomed to exercise every morning. So do our brain: it can get accustomed to some states . It is only your choose: what kind of states you prefer. I recall Richard Bendler's words...Reporter asked him: “What is necessary to be happy?” Bendler answered: “Practice, practice, practice...”

That is my opinion. Thanks.
    The map is not territory ;)
  • Hi Nafis ,
    I thought about that before i read it , i think nothing make to happy like childhood,now i am 28 ,get married , i am more happy what i get?
    i think it is according to experience, when we are a childhood we knew is very little, so we interested other things, every thing and so we are happy very happy when we met new experience,when we get new things,new toys. Now we are grown up , we want alittle ,the more we get old, the less we need.

That is my opinion its may be right or wrong m Thanks. Yrs
  • Children stand for innocence as they haven't faced the complexities of life yet. Their world is not large enough.Nor their demands are too many. Craving or desire for some material possessions make all the things difficult for the adult.The paradox is what we want ,we don't get it or what we get ,maybe we don't want it. Since we don't have satiety, we the grown -up become unhappy.
    Anyway today's children will be stepping into their predecessors' shoes and won't be complacent as they are now. At that point human misery begins and that's why we all want to get back our golden childhood.
  • Dear Nafis,
    Interesting question and I think it's up to person.Some people could be happy even if they will receive a pen or a chocolate,but the same time you can't make happy some kids with these gifts,because they expect more.You know,the life isn't a simple one...
    Cheers,
    Ruzan
  • Hi dear nafis
    Thanks for nice question
    yeah you right!!
    now change everything until gifts!!
    i think child period is different all of time!!
  • Hi Nafis,
    Actually i don't see that.I'm still feeling happy when anybody gave me any gift even if it was so simple.Remembering me makes me very happy.May be i still a child!
    Thanks for this question.Have a great day.
    Kamel
  • Dear Nafis,

I think to be happy with a little, is not a matter of age; to my opinion, it has more to do with how we, as children, have been raised. I know many kids who will not be happy to receive a pen or even a toy... why ? Just because they are used to have everything they want, so they always wish for more.

Recently, while traveling i met in the streets children who have nothing, and each time i gave them some crayons or candies, it was as if i had given them the most valuable gift. Believe me, if i do this in my country, children will laugh at me and they won't even care about what i offer them.

Best wishes .
    Forget-me-not
  • hello nafis,
    great quetion and ........... difficult to answer,
    maybe when we grown up, we are more materialistic.
    everything is measured by how much money spent to buy something
    thank you

-Nadiyah-
This reply was deleted.