Language is a way to communicate each other, actually for us as a human. There are may be more than a hundred kinds of language in this world. We are lucky so much, because we can communicate in English. Do you ever think about what kinds of English do you use?? British?? American?? Or may be it has been influence by your mother tongue?? Actually, I myself do not to fluent in English, because I am not a native. My English may be also in Indonesian structure. What do you think about this phenomena??? Have you know your English actually??

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• it's a good topic Melissa,
    that's right, sometimes were are confuse to determine, what kind of English that we learn?
    but, it's not important to classify it. Because all of English is almost similar in the world. it's depend to the mother tongue of the country that influence to the characteristic of English.
  • For sure, my english is infuenced by my mother tongue, i have been trying to overcome this issue... for this i joined here..
    Very good job Suha...for correcting the Melisa Sentence.. Keep doing it for everyone.. wherever you find the mistakes.... then only the others come to know thier mistakes...
    we never forget the points if someone corrects something...
    Regards,
    Shilpa..
    Keep Smiling.. It costs nothing...
  • Hello.
    Congratulatons important subject Melisa,my english kind is the American way because of Hollywood movies and cartoons...etc,is also the case with most people in the world.
    Saya salam...Metal Gear solide 4.
  • mmmm i think about mine it is american because i studied school in UAE and iam studying university in jorden both of them are use american system :D
  • I think the answer to your question is mix English..Mix because it has influence of the mother tongue...But I'm not sure..It's just what popped up into my mind...

Good topic, melissa!

mayumee
  • hi everybody good discussion topic :D i must be fluent english speaker but i am now good :D
  • Thank you so much Suha for your correction. Yeah,, I am not too good in English.
    So, What do you think about English that has been influenced by our mother tongue??

suha said:
    Hi,
    Good subject, but in English we say:
    What is your English like? Are you fluent in English?
    You may say; I am bad in English or I am good at English.
This reply was deleted.