5. Music/art/architecture.

6. History/philosophy.

7. Movies/theater/TV.

8. Gastronomy/cuisines.

9. Sports.

10. General knowledge.

11. Puzzles/numbers.

12. A Black Box.

Please, don't forget about the rules, especially the rule of 3 attempts.

Good luck!

Scores:

Mishaikh 6950.

Luci 400.

Risty 1700.

Onee 1400.

Peppo 300.

Nsottin 2700.

Muskan 2800.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Nsottin, it was easy for me as I am good at cooking! haha! It is not an easy question for those who don't know Italian cuisine! Thank you!

• Yes Tanya, I think is called turnip greens actually or broccoli Raab. Maybe too easy a question, but that was it, never mind. :-)

• Very strange, I found the picture but there is no name for it.

• Dear Nsottin, it looks very much like  broccoli, but I think it is a kind of turnip.

• Mishaikh, no problem! In fact, I asked Dan to finish the round while I was still sleeping. He knows all that stuff as I took him to the folk museum in Ukraine. Besides, he is a native speaker and he knows which English words to use describing old Russian utensils. Thank you, anyway! It is very nice of you!
    Mishaikh said:

No, Danny, but have you got the permission from Tanya? After all she is the owner of the question (LOL)

Danny Clark said:

Hi, Nsottin! Where have you been?! AN OVEN FORK is correct, but A PEEL is also correct. Besides, Misha was the first to say they are for the oven.

Well, I think, there are no hopless situations, there are some careless leaders. I am not the one, so here is my decision:

Mishaikh, Muskan and Nsottin are getting 200 scores each. The next host is Nsottin as he answered the most problematic question.

Are there any objections? Hahaha!

Jeopardy: January Game
    Happy New Year to everyone! Let me start our January game. Hope, you all remember the rules. Here are our categories: 1. Culture/traditions/customs.…
  • No, Danny, but have you got the permission from Tanya? After all she is the owner of the question (LOL)

Danny Clark said:

Hi, Nsottin! Where have you been?! AN OVEN FORK is correct, but A PEEL is also correct. Besides, Misha was the first to say they are for the oven.

Well, I think, there are no hopless situations, there are some careless leaders. I am not the one, so here is my decision:

Mishaikh, Muskan and Nsottin are getting 200 scores each. The next host is Nsottin as he answered the most problematic question.

Are there any objections? Hahaha!

Jeopardy: January Game
    Happy New Year to everyone! Let me start our January game. Hope, you all remember the rules. Here are our categories: 1. Culture/traditions/customs.…
  • Yes sorry Danny, I have been away offline for a bit. Here is my question

Round: 36

Category: gastronomy, cuisines

Scores: 300

Question: can you figure out how this vegetable is called? It is to be eaten only after short boiling, though quite delicious in my personal opinion. Any of the several English names will do.2643852035?profile=original

• Ok so congrats guys...
  • Dear Luci, I am sorry but you are late. That УХВАТ/РОГАЧ (correct Russian words) is called an oven fork and that "paddle"is called a bread peel.

Thanks for trying!

• Hello guys,

I took time and little bit studied everything about old ovens :-D Well, I just wonder, how should we translate terms of such tools into English as these are specific Russian expressions. As for the first one - it was used for taking in and out hot pots for example with soup and it is originally called in russian Ухва́т or рога́ч - the second one word ehm m lucky I can read Russian, so  I would call it STAG but it is more related to HORNS on its head as they are similar to the shape of this metal tool...

As for the second one tool it is described as wooden paddle on a long shank and it was used for taking the bread in and out of oven.. I would call it wooden SHOVEL :-p

This reply was deleted.