Replies

• Those pictures that you have posted, Hardi, are very scenic!!!
    The quality of the picture does not depend on the camera only, but it's also the skill of a photographer and his vision of things. You showed us your town in a very beaituful light. I really enjoyed these pictures. Thank you- spasibo! What is "thank you" in your language?

Hardi said:
    I usually don't like to take pictures of down. I like landscapes, towns have good elements as landscapes too, but it's hard to get a good picture of a landscape without excelent camera. I have a usual cheap Nikon coolpix L4 that I think is best camera with cheap price. Here are some photos I have taken..
  • I usually don't like to take pictures of down. I like landscapes, towns have good elements as landscapes too, but it's hard to get a good picture of a landscape without excelent camera. I have a usual cheap Nikon coolpix L4 that I think is best camera with cheap price. Here are some photos I have taken.. They are all old pictures from year 2007/2008. I think. Click on photo to see large.

dscn2004pj5.jpg

dscn2352kq7.jpg

dscn1904bi0.jpg
    It was hard to take this one. It was dark at night and without camera stand it was really hard to hold camera staedy for long exposure time. I leaned it against the guard-rail of bridge but it got still little too blurred. This was the best one I got. U can see blue and whithe light on trees those are Xmas/New year decorations. I did not like them. :D
  • Ramon, Barcelona looks fantastic!!!! Thanks for some great pictures!
  • Here is the view of Kiev from the left bank of the Dnieper

15.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2377319121?profile=original
  • I'd like to add a few pictures of Kiev. The first one is the monument to legendary Kiev founders:Kiy, Schek, Horiv and theis sister Lybid. According to the legend, they came from the North and founded Kiev on 7 green hills rising above the Dnieper River in the middle of the 5th century. The second picture is the view of Kiev from the left bank of the Dnieper.

Founders of Kiev city.jpg

• Oh, My Goodness, The pictures of your towns are so AWESOME! I like them all and I enjoy them being so different!

is?VTJu4UgDD1Iv5wUi7u--R3po1Fo81uwkEP4ljWtzluo

Hardi, thanks for explanation about the name of Tartu. I was just curious. You gave a good explanation. So I am happy with it.

I am looking forward to more pictures posted here. Picture tells a thousand words.
  • I can't imagine how it is to live in towns with population of 4 and millions. It's 3 times more than population of my country. I guess if you stay at your own home there's no different. But otherwise there is no other place you can be alone. My town have 100000 population and that's already annoying.. But there are sometime some nice moments when the streets are almost empty. Next morning after New Year example. It feels like paradise to walk on empty street. No cars, no noise of cars, no other people. I like.

Irina@ as far I know "Tartu" don't have any meaning other than the name of my town now. Although there are other towns with same name in the world. I think in south America was also one Tartu. Maybe this word have lost the meaning in peoples memory by time.

It have had different names and nick names in history. Like Tarbatu and then Jurjev(After Russian prince Jaroslav the Wise captured it.) When it became to Tartu I don't know. There have been many wars and things in history, that I'm not interested.
  • I love my town Denver, Colorado in the USA. It is known for having 300 days of sunshine out of 365 days a year. It is also a mile high in altitude. Of course the rest of the world doesn't care about miles, but we still use our antiquated method of measuring distance. It is in a semi-arid climate with a minimal amount of rain. The people are friendly with about 4 million people in the metropolitan area. The city lies within a high altitude plain at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. Denver is the capital city of Colorado.

• From El Salvador Central America
This reply was deleted.