bite the bullet

bite the bullet: that means to do or accept something difficult or unpleasant and try to live with it.Etymology: When army doctors performed painful operations without drugs, they gave patients a bullet to put between their teeth.Examples:1. She had to bite the bullet and give in to her boss's unreasonable demands.2. He bit the bullet and paid all the bills that his wife went shopping by his credit card.give in: to cease oppositionFind more information about bite the bullet please see here.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Ensie :D
  • Yes Ensie, and sometimes should to bite the bullet all of the shit law rules too.
  • last night, ann had to bite the bullet and stayed at home taken over for her little brother

IS THAT EXAMPLE CORRECT????
    • Ann had to bite the bullet and stay at home to take care of her little brother.

I think 'take care of ' is more suitable than ' take over'.
      Take over that means to succeed to the possession or control of something.

Dear Ensie or any of members who could also help to check it.
      Thanks a lot.
  • I'll say. Good example, Ensie.
  • his wife love money and always doing shoping he is poor man so he bite the bullet with her :D
    • owing to that reason, he has to work around the clock to earn much money then keep biting the bullet.
This reply was deleted.