Week 9: Thursday, 17 April 2014

(1) Stories from Morocco: Discussion to continue

My apologies for Thursday's disaster with the problem of compatibility between my USB files and the class computer. Thank you again to Liu Yufan and Crystal who tried so hard to help.

We will do Activity 4 (and 5 if there is time left) of the lesson by discussing questions about the video and learning English in Morocco. See the attachment (if you can open it ..). I have changed my pdf files now from Foxit Reader pdf to Adobe Reader pdf. I hope that would help.

(2) Discussion: Roommates

We'll do some vocabulary relating to the topic and then discuss in pairs the question about sharing our lives and rooms with others during and even after studies.

morocco-class-worksheet.pdf

ESL Library - Discussions - Roommates.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,John.I think the students in Morocco are very smart because they can speak three languages and they realized the important of English.My roommates are cute girls and if we have something which we thind it's good,we will share with others.I am very happy to be roommate with them.

• CC, why do you comment so late?! You don't have proper time to think about the lesson for tomorrow if you visit the website so late at night. And have you listened to Tara's news? I think I must ask you to do the news tomorrow ..

• Hello,John.I know we will continue the discuss about Morocco.And we will discuss the share of room.I often roomed with my family in younth,and as i grown up,i have more and more room,but sometimes i always  sleep on a bed with my sister.And from my high school ,i have  stayed  in the dormitory room,now i also stay in the dormitory with classmates,so i have some realise about those questions,please to discuss the experience tomorrow.

• So Cynthia, what you say is that you never had any problem to share a bedroom with others?! You are lucky in a sense, I think, as some students never had that experience before coming to university. I think it might have been more difficult for them to share. But of course one adapts quickly after a few weeks!

• Hello,teacher!I think last Thursday's lesson's accident is not your duty,is just an accident.I have known the contest we will learn next class.We will contiue the topic of Morocco.and have a discussion about roommates.l didn't have any roommates until college.Because l went home to sleep every night.l was afraid of having a bed relationship with roommates before go to college .However l have a good relationship with roommates,they are  so friendly and lovely.we always have a common topic and play together.l'm so lucky to meet them.I think we will have a colorful college life.

• I guess you must have been worried before the time about sharing your life and your bedroom with three other students you have never met before, Pauline. But it sounds like you have adapted quickly and that you all appreciate one another. I didn't like to have roommates when I was at university, but today I know I was wrong as roommates play an important role in one's university life. And they will stay friends forever!

• Hi,john,this is Ann.Tomorrow I know that we will continue the questions about learning English in Morocco.Then we will do some vocabularies and have a discussion about our lives. We will work in pairs to discuss some different questions about our ideal roommate and read a short passage about it.I think my roommates are my good friends.they bring much happiness and valuable experience to me.Looking forward to Thursday.  

• I agree, one's roommates play an important part in one's university life. It will not be the same without them!

• Hello,teacher.I feel sorry about last class for I can do nothing to help you,because I really not know much about computer,so I think I should do something to improve my skill about computer.Then,I want to say something about our next class.We will go on to learn about Morocco and then we will discuss about roommates.This is the first time for me to have roommates because I went home after school before.So this is the first time I live without my families.And what is different from other rooms is that there are only three persons in my room,they are Zhou ying,Tian jing and I.I have too much to say,so I am looking forward to the class tomorrow.See you tomorrow.
    • Yes Jackie, if you learn more about computers, you can help me next time! This was not the first time that I struggle with the computers of Liao Gongda! Some computers are okay, but then there are some that do not have the right software programs on it and then I am stuck. Luckily we had Crystal and Liu Yufan in our class! You are lucky to have more space in your bedroom with only two other roommates! Where is the fourth person?!

This reply was deleted.