Week 8b: Thursday, 10 April 2014

(1) News by Tara on English Club

Click on 'LEARN ENGLISH for learners' at the top bar of any page; scroll down a little and click on Listening in the list; now you are on the listening page - scroll down to about the middle of the page, and click on Listen to the News; scroll down and look for the latest news topic.

(2) Video lesson: Stories from Morocco

We'll watch a 16-minute video about the developing of English in Morocco. Then there we'll answer some questions and enter into discussion in pairs. Those students who can find the time and want to watch the video, it is on this website. Click on 'LEARN ENGLISH for learners' at top of page; click on ESL Videos around the middle of page; click on Learning English Video Project ; scroll down to the bottom and click on 1: Stories from Morocco (16 minutes); click on Watch. Alternatively, here is the link: http://www.englishclub.com/esl-videos/stories-from-morocco/

morocco-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amy, if you could access the lesson content from the attachment, or the video, why did you not comment on the CONTENT?! This is why I want students to comment BEFORE the lesson so that I can see they know what the lesson content is. I allocate a mark to every appropriate comment where I am convinced that the student read the lesson material, but if I am not convinced, NO marks. Most of you do exactly the same. What is going on? Don't you understand?

• Hello,John.Next class we will speak the latest news at first.And we will discuss the developing history of English in Morocco.This country is familiar for me,because my uncle stayed there in the past years.In my memory,there is own language in Morocco,so i am interest in the topic!
    • ,,,,,,i know Morocco is in North Africa.And Rabat is the capital city of Morocco.Morocco has a population of nearly 32 million people.The offical language of Morocco is Arabic,but they also use English, French and Spanish.Waiting for the next class to watch the video.
    • Thank you, Cynthia. This already looks better.

• Cynthia, you said NOTHING about the lesson content! Only that you know that the next lesson would be about Morocco. And you mentioned that your uncle stayed there. Do you really think this is a satisfactory comment that deserves a mark towards your final semester score? I don't think so.

•          Hello,teacher.   We will learn about Morocco in next class.  We will listen to the radio,16-minute about the developing of English in Morocco.   We can improve our English by listening to the video.  What is more,we can learn knowledge about Morocco.  I am looking forward to the next class.

• Linlin, you don't convince me at all that you really know the lesson content at all. You have just quoted what I've said in the lesson post. This is not a proper comment (like most of your classmates before you, and I'm sure that'll come after you too). What is going on with this class? Don't you all understand what is expected from you with the comments?

• Hi,teacher!During the next class,first,we are required to retell the news ,and then,we will listen to the radio,16-minute about the developing of English in Morocco.By listening to it,we can not only practice our listening skills but also expand our knowledge horizon.That must be interesting. 

• Wrong, Ma Yuetong! We are NOT going to listen to the radio. Who said that?! What you said here is just repeating what I said in the lesson post. You are supposed to open the attachment, READ through it, and then comment on the content. But you didn't do that. Do you think this is good enough?

• Hello,john.tomorrow ciass we will review the news firstly. Then we will watch a 16-minute video about developing of English in Morocco. We can improve our English by listening to the video. We can do some discuss in pairs.Morocco used many languages , such as Arabic, French and Spanish.I think we will know more about Morocco. See you tomorrow, sir.

This reply was deleted.