Week 8b: Thursday, 10 April 2014

(1) News by Tara on English Club

Click on 'LEARN ENGLISH for learners' at the top bar of any page; scroll down a little and click on Listening in the list; now you are on the listening page - scroll down to about the middle of the page, and click on Listen to the News; scroll down and look for the latest news topic.

(2) Video lesson: Stories from Morocco

We'll watch a 16-minute video about the developing of English in Morocco. Then there we'll answer some questions and enter into discussion in pairs. Those students who can find the time and want to watch the video, it is on this website. Click on 'LEARN ENGLISH for learners' at top of page; click on ESL Videos around the middle of page; click on Learning English Video Project ; scroll down to the bottom and click on 1: Stories from Morocco (16 minutes); click on Watch. Alternatively, here is the link: http://www.englishclub.com/esl-videos/stories-from-morocco/

morocco-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In Morocco,I know that the children must begin to learn English when they are 12.In the last two years,Morocco has changed a lot, for example, billboards and advertisements are all in English nowadays.And there are a lot of foreign companies, their headquarters or branches are also in Morocco, so the people have to study English well to find a good job.Morocco's tourism is very booming, so there are so many foreigners. The people there have many opportunities to converse with a lot of tourists.Last,I agree with the man's words, as long as you put your mind and your effort to learn English, nothing will be difficult.

• Wang Jiajia, thank you for this comment, probably the best comment of all. But I am wondering where you got your information from as most students (but Liu Yufan) could not open the attachment, and only one or two have watched the video. What about you? You have surprised me!

• Hello,John.I have learnt something about Morocco.In fact,I have not know about it until today.I think it is interesting,and in fact I want to learn more about it.My computer have something wrong ,so I can't read the news now,but I will ask my classmate about it before class.

• Okay CC. I hope you can fix your computer. If you need help, pse tell me as I know a boy in Class 12 who can help you.

• Sorry,but I could't open the attachment.I can only see the picture from our class QQ group that my classmates send to.I know in next class we will learn the devolopment of Morocco's English and history.that's all
    • Oh, I see. Sorry. You didn't mention that. From the comments it appears that Liu Yufan and Ada could open the attachment. I can't understand why the other students can't also open it.

• hello ,teacher.i kown my pronoucation is poor ,so i will improve it through listening videos and TV in my part time.Tomorrow we will enjoy a video ,i am looking forword it.And i feel soory because i can not open it ,so that I  can not prepare lessons before class.

• Tian Jing, if you couldn't open it, you could have said something about Tara's news for tomorrow. I am glad to read that you plan to improve your listening. What about using this website's listening page? There are many listening exercises that'll help you. Here: http://www.englishclub.com/listening/index.htm

• Hello,Jhon.I have known the context of the next lesson.Firstly,we should retell the news . I have listened the news(EU Satellite System Will Monitor Earth’s Health)Many countries are trying to develop space industry now.Secondly, we will watch a 16-minute video about developing of English in Morocco.I think that watching something about English is a good way to learn English.Because that is interesting and I can learn a lot.For example,I just knew the Morocco's tourism industry is very developed ago,but now,I know that Casablanca is one of the most advanced cities in Morocco and it is very important for Moroccan to learn English  ,by watching videos. “English is coming along • more every day, all over Morocco”

This reply was deleted.