Week 8a: Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Mini debate: Junk food sales in schools.

Please see the attachment for the passage about the topic.

We will first read through and get familiar with the topic, do some new vocab(ulary), discuss a few questions on the topic, and finally we'll enter into mini debates simultaneously in groups of 4.

ESL Library - Mini debate - Junkfood at schools.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good afternoon,teacher! I have known that tomorrow's lesson is a mini debate about junk food sales in schools.As my classmates replied , sometimes we will eat some junk food  because it is delicious . Of course,we shouldn't eat it too much or too often .There is much junk food in our school's store.It's not good for our health.And about this topic ,different people have different views.Tomorrow we will talk a lot about it.

• Thank you, Liu Yufan. If you read some of the comments, you know by now what my opinion is. I am just concerned that the students again comment as if they've read through the lesson material (the attachment), but they might have only 'looked' at it without reading thoroughly. If they don't do that, they would again not understand much of tomorrow's lesson. The teacher must not be blamed at the end of the semester for that. Students have to familiarize themselves with the content of each lesson before the class. This website and the lesson posts every week provide that opportunity. But I guess you all understand that by now.  

• Yes,teacher.I think we can get a lot of information and skills from this lesson's material. We need to use the words and the expressions correctly in tomorrow's class to debate as much as possible.It's a way for us to improve our English.It's very important.I will explain this to our classmates.    :)

POSSIBLE.IT
    • Thank you, Liu Yufan, for your positive attitude and your always willing assistance. You are making teaching easier for a teacher. I appreciate that. :)

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you, Li Chao, but I don't think you've read through the lesson for tomorrow! The students who did not do that would not follow the lesson tomorrow. Don't blame me then.

• Hi,John.I have known what we will do next class.I think food is a topic which must be mentioned by us. While,unlike others,I seldom eat junk food because it's unhealthy.But in fact,I have to admit it is delicious and convenient.Anyhow,it has its reason to exist and what should changes is our behavior.We should control the times we eat it.

• Thank you, Hou Yan. But have you read through the lesson material before commenting? The students who do not read the passage and questions for tomorrow are going to struggle again. Then they mustn't blame the teacher!

• Teacher hello, I believe that junk food sales is harmful to the health of the students at school, but it is also inevitable, because many vendors selling junk food and obtain high profits, and the students also because of the taste of junk food and convenience, quit junk food. Personally, I think the school should cancel the sale of junk food, and for the students to create a more healthy diet environment. goodbye teacher.

• Thank you, Zhou Yuqi. If one consumes junk food in a moderate way, I can't see that it can really be harmful. But it is when one doesn't discipline oneself when it comes to eating habits, that it can become harmful. What I like of fast food is that it is "fast" en so convenient when one's in a hurry!

• Hello,John.I have readed the context of our class.In fact,I am sorry  that I like to eat the junk food which is always yummy.Even if I know the junk food is harmful to our health.So I am looking forward to discussing the topic with classmates.

This reply was deleted.