Week 8a: Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Mini debate: Junk food sales in schools.

Please see the attachment for the passage about the topic.

We will first read through and get familiar with the topic, do some new vocab(ulary), discuss a few questions on the topic, and finally we'll enter into mini debates simultaneously in groups of 4.

ESL Library - Mini debate - Junkfood at schools.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello teacher.From the topic of Junk food sales in school,we can see that junk food such as soft drinks ,candy and potato chips to be sold everywhere in our school.There are many factors for this phenomenon.First,most of the students like junk food because they are delicious.Second,schools can provide junk food as students lunch,which is convenient  for both schools and students.At the last,the demands of junk food promote the development of the manufacture of junk food machines.

• Wang Jiajia, why did you comment so late?! That is the time that hardworking students should sleep already! But I looks like you even found some time to go through the lesson material (or at least part of it) as you have referred to some of the lesson content. Thank you.

• Hello,John.I know the discuss about "junk food".We all know junk food is bad for our health,but almost all people like it.And for me I like it very much,though I realize it not well to me.it is more delisous than other foods.And I know some rules about debate,hope the discuss will please
    • Cynthia, I couldn't see from your comment that you have read through the lesson material. I hope you could follow the lesson today. And I hope you applied the rules of debate today you said you know!

• hi,john,this is Ann.I have read the title :"Junk food at schools".In fact, I can't resist the temptation of junk food.of course,I can control the intake.I think for the students health,the school should vigorously promote that student should reduce the junk food to eat.That's all.

• Ann, you said you have read the title. Everyone has read the title! But, have you read the attachment and can you tell me about the content of the lesson? I wonder how many of you would know much more about the lesson tomorrow than just about the title (and comments from the others)? I'll test you tomorrow!

• Hi john.Iam Tina.Our class in tomorow .The junk food in our school
    is very serious. In the caneer has many different dunk food ,but many people like them. So they can more popular.In my view,school should gorven the problem .The student should realise the improtant of health.
    http://popular.In/
    See related links to what you are looking for.
    • Tina, thanks for the comment, but what about taking more care when you comment next time ..? You made so many spelling errors, for example, "caneer", "dunk", "gorven""improtant"" without even correcting. There is a spell checker on this website (meaning it checks your spelling and tells you when it is incorrect by underlining the word in red) and before you post the reply, you can check all those words with red lines and correct it. Can it be so difficult?

• Hello teacher. About the next discussion in the class,I think it is necessary.Noadays ,more and more junk food sales in schools.Although we know the junk food is bad for our healthy ,it tases good and convenient.Meanwhile,school make more money from junk food.So this topic is worthy to be discussed.

• Oh, so you think it is the schools that make money from the sale of the junk food, Zhou Ying? I thought it would be the foodstall owners! Okay, maybe they have to pay the schools for the right to sell on school premises.

This reply was deleted.