Week 7: Thursday, 3 April 2014

(1) My ideal friend: Discussion in small groups about your ideal friend. We'll answer the short questionnaire and discuss the answers.

(2) Identity: Picture associations (small groups to continue) - pictures will be shown and you must draw associations from them.

P.S. Students please remember that your comments must reflect on the lesson content (in other words, tell me what you have read when you have gone through the lesson material, the attachments) - okay, I hope you can open it now ... I may not reply to all comments as there are just too many together with the other classes; I will comment randomly. But, I assure you I will read every comment (as that would just be fair as you take the trouble to comment). Thank you.

MGM-speakingactivities - My ideal friend.pdf

11 - W8a - Identity.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,teacher.I like the discussion about my ideal friends.For this discussion,I think I have many words to say.I think ideal friends are people who really care about you,really know what you like and dislike,really know what is important to you,and so on.I really have many words to say about this,I hope I will have a chance to say tomorrow.See you tomorrow.
    • Yes Jackie, let's hope you get a chance tomorrow! You may volunteer an answer before I draw a name, I wouldn't mind. I read the other day that an ideal friendship is when your friend knows all about you ... and still likes you!

• Hi,john,this is Ann.I read the lesson content just now.About the ideal friend,I have a lot of fantasy.of course,I do not think it can appear in someone itself.Everyone has his own character.My ideal friend may has passion ,interest,and serious attitude to life. she need not to be perfect,as long as we enjoy spend time with each other.

Oops, something lost
    Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.
    • Sorry Ann, you also had a problem with posting your first comment (like Tian Jing). If the problem is with the website, pse tell me so that I can report it if necessary. Yes, I agree, ideal friends can't be perfect (see my comment to Cynthia above)!

• Hello John ,in my opinion,a ideal friend is a teacher in my life.She can correct my mistakes and teach me lots of truth.Similarly she is the best friend who knows me.We have common interests and topics.She knows all my emotion,my strength and weakness.She also stays with me when I'm unhappy and then gives me a warm hug.Looking forward to tomorrow's class.Good night John.
  • Hello teacher .About the topic  we will discuss ,I want to talk my opinion. As far as I'm concerned , ideal friend is a person who is interested in the same thing as I am .Whatever problem I face,she will company with me ,give me encouragement .She don't need good-looking ,to have lots of money.I just want we can share happiness and sad things.Fortunately ,I have ideal friends.

• hello,teacher.I  have  looked through the material about the lesson.In my opinion,my ideal friend must have the same interest with me.I don't care if he or she has a lot of money,I hope my ideal friend can share things with me.About the Picture association,we can image and speak our idea in English,that's useful

• Wow, at last Tian Jing! You tried 5 times before and this one had gone through! What were you doing?! Was the problem with the website? I agree with you that one's friend doesn't have to be rich as long as she/he cares for me and the friendship and we can share our life experiences together (not meaning a relationship between opposite genders!).

• This reply was deleted.
    • I am happy to see you here, Li Chao. Now we must just work on Xiao Lin! Your comment is not late, by the way; as long as it is before the class it still counts. About the picture associations, I explained it to Wang Shuaitian above; so, pse check it out. Thanks.

• Hello, teacher. A friend is essential to each of us, and the ideal friend is our stepping stone on the road of life. I think the ideal friend should be able to point out that your mistakes, and inspire you. Can understand your strengths and weaknesses, have a common topic with you, and treat you with a sincere heart, can understand each other a look. Looking forward to tomorrow's class, goodbye teacher 

This reply was deleted.