Week 6a: Tuesday, 24 March 2014

(1) Culture lesson about the Republic of South Africa

Introduction: Nelson Mandela called South Africa a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world. 75% of the people in South Africa are black. The country was very poor, but now every year millions of tourists go to South Africa on safari.

(2) Enjoy English: Going Abroad - discuss and answer relevant questions in pairs.

SA x1 - South Africa.pdf

SA x2 - Rainbow Nation.pdf

Topic x10 - Going Abroad.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,teacher.When I at high school,I was a student of liberal arts,at that time,my favourite subject is geography,and one of my favourite place is South Africa.So,I love there,and I have already learnt something about there at that time.I think the people there are very optimistic,in my opinion,they always laugh happily.There are many people there love football,and taht's one of the reasons I love there too.
    As the discussion of going abrosd,I think different people have different opinions.This is a good topic,and I think we will have a good class tomorrow.See you tomorrow,teacher.

• Thanks for the comment, Jackie. Glad to hear that you know something about South Africa. My experience is that Chinese students are terribly ignorant about the rest of the world. It is as if they were never taught there is actually a world outside China's borders! Obviously you had a different education! But don't be fooled, not all South Africans are friendly and optimistic! And some South African teachers aren't easy customers .. (as you recently discovered yourself)! Yes, they love football, but that is mostly popular among the black people. The white people's favourite sports are rugby and cricket. Thanks for your assistance in the class today (it's definitely helped to cool down the teacher)!

• The same problem likes as others say,there are really some wrong with the website.The pictures and documents can't be opened.But i can understend what will go in next class.Every are has different cultures,and  we will pleasure to realise other  countries' cultures.looking forward to having the next class.

• Hi,teacher!The moment I saw the project,I felt confused.Because I know little about the South Africa,so I want to learn more about it by attending the class.I'm looking forward to the class tomorrow!

• hello,teacher.I am intersted in the culture of South Africa ,and Fountains Valley is my dream .It is perfect that people can listen to the music with enjoying fountain,that's romantic and intoxicating.i 'm looking forword to the lesson.You can tell us more about the culture of South Africa.I also hope we can improve our english by the discussion

• Hi,teacher!I'm glad to hear that next lesson we can know something about your hometown South Africa.From the lesson,we can learn more about the culture differences,which will be helpful to our development.What's more,I'm interested in the topic about going abroad,so I consider the next class must be interesting!

• Hello,John.Please forgive me, in your class, I didn't understand a word, which exposed the my English there is a big problem. First is the vocabularyproblem, think of me about learning English will never seriously back word,can say that vocabulary is a serious lack of. Secondly, when I have never made of listening and speaking exercises,which makes my English stay in barely passed the exam "dumb English"stage. I know that English will be of great help to my future development,so I must try my best to contact and improve the ability of English listening and speaking.I hope you can give me some advice .

• Li Zimu, there are no short cuts. Hard work is the only answer. Read my comment to Tian Jing on the Comment Wall on the first page of this group. The advice there is valid for every student.

• Tian Jing, where is your comment?

This reply was deleted.