Week 16b: Thursday, 5 June 2014

(1) Well, it's this time of the year again and we have arrived at the end of this course for this semester. Some of you may be very happy for that, but some of you who are serious about English would say goodbye with a little regret, I think. Whether my students liked me or not (which is not important to me as I do not value popularity), and whether it sometimes looked like I never appreciated you (as I often felt obliged to 'haul you over the coals'/reprimand you), don't be mislead, as I will definitely miss you (as I will miss my other students). My most enjoyable times are when I am in the classroom with my students (whether the sometimes make me angry, or not!).

Thank you to those of you who had such good attitudes and showed it through your class contributions and your comments here on the website. You make it a pleasure for a teacher to teach! I greet you with my school motto in Latin:

SOL JUSTITAE ILLUSTRA NOS

(MAY THE SON OF RIGHTEOUSNESS SHINE ON YOU)

(2) Awards of Appreciation

A short awards ceremony would be held just before the movie starts to show my appreciation to the students for good performances and contributions. Awards would be in the following categories:

Best 3 performances in oral presentation

Best result in vocab paper

Best EC comments

Best class contributions

(3) Movie

We'll end off our classes with a relaxing movie (with subtitles ..).

P.S. Students don't have to comment for this last class, except if you would really like to. I will still reply to every comment though. ;-)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,teacher.I feel a little sad about this lesson for we may won't share our  ideas about wonderful topics,and won't listen to graceful English music for a long time.But i am not worried ,maybe the next semester,you are still our teacher and we are your students,we could also enjoy studying oral English together:)

In my eyes,you are a serious teacher,at first,in your  English class,i feel a little nervous about the rules you made.I just thought we didn't supposed to do as that.But as time goes by,we adapted to those "cumbersome"rules.And i come to realized that those rules could reflect our basic moral accomplishment

which are good for us.Although sometimes you are strict ,we still like you and enjoy every class of you.Thank you ,teacher.I know the learning English is a long and endless process. We may do our best to learn English.Thank you teacher.

• Thank you, Kelly, for this semester's last good comment. I know why you received the award for best comments! I'm surprised about what some of you said about the classes as I know very well that it could not have been easy at times given the teacher's 'serious' approach in most classes. My apologies if my behaviour put fear in some of you (it did, I know!); that was not the intention. And those rules ... maybe a little harsh (and a little complex, as you mentioned), but believe me that my classes operate much better with those rules than without. I had virtually no class rules in my first year with Liao Gongda (2010 at the Fuxin campus), and it was a disaster (some diligent students have even complained about the lack of rules!). Oh, you really make an impression on me with this sentence, ".. i come to realize(d) that those rules could reflect our basic moral accomplishment ..." Well said, and it reflects good insight. ;-)

And finally, you are right about the English-learning process ... a nearly never-ending one! But be of good cheer, it gets easier as one masters more and more of the language (through hard work, of course!).  And then it becomes very rewarding when you one day suddenly realize that you have conquered the language! :)

• Hello,John.With time goes by,our class is close to the end for this semester.I was very happy that I have a chance to learn English with you.I learned a lot.You said your most enjoyable times are when you are in the classroom with you students. I know you are a good teacher,you are responsible and you treat every class in earnest.You hope all of us can study hard and learn English well.But I am sorry that sometimes I am not so hard,I am a bit lazy.But in the next semester I will try my best to get rid of my bad habits,I will become diligent and studious.Please expect great things from me,I will try to present a better myself in the next semester.Awards of appreciation is an exciting thing and watching a movie is a relaxing thing.So I think the last lesson will be a satisfactory and perfect ending.See you.

thing.so
    도메인, 도메인등록, 퀵돔등록, 도메인연장, 도메인이전, 무료 파킹, 무료포워딩 제공, 국내 최저가 도메인 서비스 제공, 웹호스팅, 서버호스팅, 홈페이지제작, 쇼핑몰, 서버, IDC
    • Thank you for a last good comment, Ada. Though Kelly got the award for best EC comments, you know you were not far behind in the second place. So, thank you for at least trying to say a little more in your comments than just the stale and boring way some students have done most of their comments (sorry, don't want to be rude to them, but it was really like that!). I am glad to read of you good intentions for the new semester to throw off that laziness and show an improved Ada! You can start by not forgetting to work on your listening skills this summer holiday, okay?! Oh, and btw, I am not a good teacher (I know because it is myself you are referring to!); so, you never have to say that to me again, please! I am the one who knows best of my many shortcomings (in class too). Maybe you can say that I am a teacher who is trying his best every time (though, I am also aware that one's best is not always good enough!). ;-)

• Hi,teacher.The next class will be our last class this semester.this really let me thinking.This period of time,I remember you teach us,it really make me learned a lot.I really admire your working attitude and rigorous spirit.Sometimes our task completion is not ideal,you will be angry.I know you are good for us,you are in order to improve our oral english ability.I really appreciate you,and I will miss you.because,to be honest,you  really make a big influence on me.I admire you .Thank you.

• Thank you for the remarks, Amy. If that comes from your heart, then I appreciate that. Yes, maybe a rigorous spirit (for the right reasons, I believe though), but it borders on being too harsh and I have to be careful. However, if you feel you benefited by our classes, I am happy to hear that. I hope we'll grow closer next semester and that both of us (me and the class) will learn valuable lessons (I never stop learning from my students, and from my own mistakes). Oh, and don't forget to work on your listening skills this summer holiday, please! ;-)

• Hello,Jone.the lesson is the last course in this term tomorrow.Oh when i think the time on lesson i have a little upset because i was the one who always made you angry.After class,i always make jokes like you say in lesson "Cynthia ,are you understand?".Though your words i don't understand the all,i still often ask you "Jone,i can't understand,can you parden?"And you always say the same mean in other ways to help me understand.And the next term we will continue the course happly.
    • Haha Cynthia, are you sure all of you ('we') would continue this English course happily ..?! How do you know that?! I don't think so (but I won't tell you how I know!). And the reason for asking you that question more, is that your look "dull" most of the times I say something new, and than I know you didn't follow me ...! So, look more clever next time when I say something! Oh, and just a reminder, please don't forget to work on your listening skills during this summer holiday! I'm sure you would benefit by that. ;-)

• Hello,teacher. I have known the content of the next class.The next class is the last class in the semester.   In the next class,we will have a short awards ceremony.Then, we will see the movie.

I like you because your work is carefully all the time.With you help,the my level of my english is improved and my oral English make great progress.I appreciated you.Thank you for your help.I hope you have a happy holidays.

• Thank you, Linlin. I am glad to read you feel you have made some progress. I hope you will benefit more when we have class again next semester. Don't forget to work on your listening during the summer holiday! :)

This reply was deleted.