Week 16a: Tuesday, 3 June 2014

(1) News by Tara

This week's news item would be done on Tuesday as we won't have time for that on Thursday. So, unfortunately, the news item for this week about "Pizza deliveries by drone" would be the same. Pauline and Tina would do the news first and a few of you after them. Wang Shuaitian and Maxine do not have to prepare as they know the news already.

(2) Enjoy English: The lonely girl

To see what this lesson is about, as well as the format of the lesson, pse read the attachment. And PLEASE don't copy your classmates' comments.

(3) Famous personalities:

A list of names of famous people would be supplied to the class. You would be selecting names from the list of those people you'd like to invite to give a talk/lecture. Motivate the reasons for your choice (and role plays if time permits). PLEASE don't copy my words here (or your classmate's words). If you want to comment about this part of the lesson, use YOUR OWN words or description. Thank you.

11 - W16a - Enjoy English - The Lonely Girl.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,John.I read the content about next class just now.Next class we will resell the news which is the same as last week.And then we will taik about something about the story named a lonely girl.I think if I were the Emily, I would help her.Maybe we will have a role play.See you tomorrow!
    • Mary, you have fulfilled the requirement now to make a comment here. But why do you make your comment so late? Read what I said to Cynthia and Wang Jiajia, please. You don't have any time to give any decent comment if you wait till after 11pm to do your comment. Or is it because you do not care about English? Okay, then I can understand ...

• Hello teacher!l have known the content of the next class.First l feel sorry about the mistakes in the last class.Thank you for giving me a chance to correct the mistakes.And we will do the news,"Pizza Deliveries by drone"again.l will prepare it seriously.Then we will have a story about a lonely girl,Joan.And l think if l were the Emily,l will go to the party and try my best to help her.Joan is shy and not good at making friends,and that makes her to be lonely.ln my opinion,Emily and Joan can be a good friend.Finally we will a role play,there will have a list of famous people.And different people want to play different role,l'm looking forward it.See you.
    • At last you made your comment, Pauline - I was wondering what had happened to you as I missed your name here. About the 'mistake' (as you call it!), we've already talked about this. And though you and Tina would get the first opportunity to do the news again tomorrow, it doesn't mean that it is a second chance to improve your score, or something. It is part of your punishment! And the other part is, that I gave you and the two other students a negative mark for the class. Pity that it had only happened to you and the other two, as I am of the opinion that most students didn't prepare. Unfortunately you were the unlucky ones!

Btw, why do you make your comment so late?

• Hello teacher, I know this class we will tell you the news in the last lesson, and then we're going to see a lonely girl's story, about the story I want to say, there are many such examples in the life. I think Emily should told joan, "I will come to your party, and we will play of very happy". Because I know Emily is a kind of girl, is not the same with other people. The cause of Joan was very lonely, I think that has something to do with her shy, she did not break the shackles of the heart, not generous be honest to others, and her classmates, has led to her alone. I think they will become very good friends. Because they are different for each other. And finally we are going to have a play about the famous people. Looking forward to your next class. Goodbye, teacher 

• Yes, Zhou Yuqi, that may look like the right way to draw Joan into your circle of friends, but if they didn't even want to come to her party, do you really think they would allow you to bring a friend to the group whom they didn't like? You can tell me tomorrow. :)

Btw, why is your comment so late?

•   If I were Emily, I would receive the Joan's invitation. Because it is really a good opportunity to chat with Joan, and Emily will help Joan to be more outgoing and Joan will be a good listener, so I think they will be good friends.In my opinion, Joan is just a little shy, she also want to make friends with others, but she don't know how to do it, she need some help from others and Emily can provide the help, and it is not difficult for Emily because she have so many friends,she can introduce Joan to her friends so that they can know more each other and get along well with each other.Last , I am sorry for my late comment. That's all,thank you.

• Yes Wang Jiajia, I was just a few minutes ago arguing with Cynthia about the late comments (and she did it about an hour before you!) as students who made their comments so late, usually give half-hearted comments and do 'rushed jobs'. And some students doing these late comments, have proved to me that they often copy the other students comments as they don't have time (or don't want to) to do their own work. I don't say that's what you have done here; I'm just telling you that I have questions when students make such late comments. So, maybe you should remember to do it earlier please! :)

• Hi,john,this is Ann.In the next class,we will do the same news "Pizza deliveries by drone" as last class,I had recited it before.Then we will discuss about the lonely girl.Joan is lonely because of her shyness and timid and others' rejection.i think if she wants to change the current situation,she should make herself exchange with others.last we will discuss some famous people and if we have any time we will have a role play.See you tomorrow.

• Yes Ann, tomorrow you will get an opportunity to tell us about last week's news. It's my guess you too did not prepare the news last week, am I right?! How is it that you do so well in a vocab paper, but in other areas of the language you struggle a little? Or are you starting to change your approach to English ...?! Well, if so, I am sure you are going to have a happy teacher. ;-)

But something I would like to know from you, why do you always make your comments so late? See what I said to Cynthia about this.

This reply was deleted.