Week 15: Thursday, 29 May 2014

(1) News by Tara

Please LISTEN to the latest news of the week by Tara.

(2) Music lesson: "Miles Away" by Madonna

We'll listen and get to know the lyrics and practice some Phrasal verbs with 'away'.

(3) Vocabulary exercise

The vocab paper will have 20 questions of which most would be multiple choice questions. A few words need to be written too. If you revise all the vocabulary we learned this semester in our oral classes, you would not find this too difficult. Please try your best as many of you need good marks here as you didn't do so well with your oral this week. Good wishes to you.

Lesson - Miles Away - Student.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello ,teacher.I had to took part in the sports meeting which was held by our main school in Fuxin,so I didn't have our class on last Thursday ,I am very sorry for that.Thank you for giving me a chance to give my speech tomorrow and I have prepared for it already.I have listened to the news and the song.I think the song is good To tell you the truth ,I have never listened to the songs of Madonna,and this is the first time.I am looking forward to discuss the lyrics of the song.And I have learned that we will have a vocabulary text tomorrow.That 's all.See you tomorrow.
    • Yes, you would do your oral tomorrow, Jackie (if I remember). But about your comment, you too haven't made a comment on the lesson content (like Liu Yufan, for example), neither on the news by Tara. Do you think this is good enough?

• Hi sir ,we will meet soon. The next class we will listen a song .It is sung by modonna.She is very famous and popular,in the world. The text we will try our best and I belive we can do it.The news is so long .And it is difficult for me .But I will try to do .
    • Tina, if my sophomore students can recite the news, then the freshmen students shouldn't have a problem. So, I hope we draw your name tomorrow so that I can hear the news from you. But besides that, where is your comment on the content of the lesson? Or, if you can still not open the attachment, why did you not at least discuss the news by Tara?

• Hello teacher!l have known the content of the next class and listened the song.As usual we will retell the latest news,l'm so sad that it is the last news,so l will prepare it more seriously.Then we will listen to the music"Miles Away"by Modonna.Modonna is a outstanding singer.l'm interested in the music class.Finally we will have a vocabulary exercise.l will try my best to do it.See you!
    • Pauline, do you know why you have to make a comment here before each lesson? If you know, why do you not give your opinion about something from the lesson content (which of course is in the attachment)? Or what about an opinion about the news item by Tara?

• Hello,John.I have read the news and the content about the next class.And we will listen a song named "miles away".When i look up the lyric,i think it's so sad for lover.The long distence maybe make them boring.And then,we will have a vocabulary exercise.Wish myself.
    • In China there are many long-distance relationships, Cynthia, I understand. But you said it is sad for the lovers ... So, why do the Chinese students then have those relationships if they know it would be sad or unfair toward the lover?! Is it really love when there is a long-distance relationship? I'll hear from you in class tomorrow!

• Hello,John.I have read the content about the next class.I have listened the last news.And I knew we will listen a song which named "miles away" The song is pretty good.The singer of that song is Modonna.And I really think that  it is too long between lover is not a good thing.May be they will separate in the end.It is a realitic thing.And we will have a vocabulary exercise.I hope I will pass it.See you tomorrow,sir.

end.it - This website is for sale! - end Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! end.it is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you…
    • Wang Shuaitian, it looks like you did look at the lesson material (even if it may have been only the lyrics). So, thank you. But, what do you mean by this: "And I really think that  it is too long between lover is not a good thing"? What is 'too long'? Do you mean their relationship mustn't be too long? If you mean there shouldn't be a long distance between lovers, then why don't you say so and use the word 'distance'? As it reads now, it doesn't make sense at all.

This reply was deleted.