Week 15: Thursday, 29 May 2014

(1) News by Tara

Please LISTEN to the latest news of the week by Tara.

(2) Music lesson: "Miles Away" by Madonna

We'll listen and get to know the lyrics and practice some Phrasal verbs with 'away'.

(3) Vocabulary exercise

The vocab paper will have 20 questions of which most would be multiple choice questions. A few words need to be written too. If you revise all the vocabulary we learned this semester in our oral classes, you would not find this too difficult. Please try your best as many of you need good marks here as you didn't do so well with your oral this week. Good wishes to you.

Lesson - Miles Away - Student.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,John.I know the topic of our next class.I have listened the news and the music.I think the music is really good .I think Madonna is a personality of the singer.The lyrics of this song very good.Finally,we will have a vocabulary exercise.I will try my best to review all the vocabulary we learned this semester .Looking forward to our next class.That's all.Thank you for your pay.

• Nancy, why do you not comment on the lesson content? I am sure you must know by now what the reason is for you to make a comment here before a lesson, not so? Or what about your ipinion on the news by Tara? I am sure you can do better than this.

• Hello,teacher.I know we will retell the news in the english club at the begining of next class.And I have listened it.Then we will have a music lesson about "Miles Away"by Madonna.I have listened it.And I think the lyrics "you looked back through me ,you were miles away"is so nice and sensible.As we know,distance can prove something,but it also can destroy smething.I think so.Finally,we will have a vocabulary excercise,and I know it will go toward my final semester score.I will try my best to do it.Looking forward to next class.
    • Well Amy, if distance can also destroy something like a relationship, why is it that there are so many long-distance relationships in China? Is that really love? I am curious to hear you and your classmates' opinion on this. ;-)

• Good morning teacher.What we will do in the next class has been known.As usual,it will begin with a news.And then ,it's the time of a song ,named Miles Away.It's also a great way to help us improving our ability to Englishi.Finally,we will have a vocabulary exercise ,where the vocabularies are what we have learned .I will revise them carefully.And I will try my best .See you tomorrow.
    • Zhou Ying, do you know why you have to make a comment here before every lesson? If you do, why did you not make a comment on the lesson content so that I can see that you know what the lesson is about?

•  Hello,John.I have looked through the content next class.The latest news is longer than ever,but I will try to remember more.And I have known that we will listen to the music Miles Away.I am very interested in the music class,because I love English music very much.I have remembered the words for a few days,and I think I can get a good grade.That's all. 
    • Crystal, have you opened the attachment? If yes, why not making a comment on the lesson content? Or what about Tara's news item?

• Hello,John.I have seen the content.Next class,we will resell the news first.and then the thing is interesting to me is listening to the songs by Madonna.Finally,we will have an exercise with some questions on paper.I will try my best.And I hope I can get a good score.I should come on!
    • Mary, have you opened the attachment? If yes, where is your comment about the content of the lesson? Or what about discussing something about Tara's news?

This reply was deleted.