Week 15: Thursday, 29 May 2014

(1) News by Tara

Please LISTEN to the latest news of the week by Tara.

(2) Music lesson: "Miles Away" by Madonna

We'll listen and get to know the lyrics and practice some Phrasal verbs with 'away'.

(3) Vocabulary exercise

The vocab paper will have 20 questions of which most would be multiple choice questions. A few words need to be written too. If you revise all the vocabulary we learned this semester in our oral classes, you would not find this too difficult. Please try your best as many of you need good marks here as you didn't do so well with your oral this week. Good wishes to you.

Lesson - Miles Away - Student.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,John.In fact,I have readed your reply to Han Qing.I have readed a sentence:when you do something ,why not do well in it.English is necessary for us to communicate with foreigners because it's a international language.I do hope I can use English well,I will use it as often as possible.And I feel nervous about our exercise=. =the song "miles away"like a story and  the melody is familiar.

• I'm glad you read my first comment in this post, CC. I think there may even be some hints to you too. But don't limit yourself, English is not only there to communicate with foreigners; that's only one of the advantages of speaking English. Actually, I am of the believe that English is unlocking the world to you! No one can hide anything from you again if you can speak and read the international communication language. And you can basically travel wherever you want to go. So, don't stop learning to master the language. ;-)

• Hello teacher, next time we're going to retell the news as usual, then we are going to listen to an English song, usually I also like listening to English songs, but I can't sing. I think can share with you good English songs in class is a good thing. Then we will to take the word, I hope you can get good grades in the exams, with a peace of mind to welcome the coming exams and holiday, goodbye, teacher. 

• Zhou Yuqi, you didn't say anything about the content of the lesson, neither about Tara's news. Did you really prepare the news? Two of your classmates haven't as they had another exam yesterday. So, what about you? I am now suspicious of everyone in the class but for Wang Shuaitian and Ma Yuetong.

• hello teacher, i have learned about the content about our lesson .in my opinion ,the song is about a long distance journey and the statements does the singer make the song is your seem to love me more when you are away .in the last class we will also phrasal verds with away. good night
    • Tian Jing, the song is not about a long-distance journey, but indeed about a long-distance relationship. Do you think a relationship can work over a long distance? Pse tell me in class tomorrow. :)

• hi,john,this is Ann.The next class we will have a  Music lesson: "Miles Away" by Madonna,We'll listen and get to know the lyrics and practice some Phrasal verbs with 'away'.I have listen to this song,I think the lyrics is reasonable.China has a saying:distance produce beauty .About the Vocabulary exercise,I have  revise all the vocabulary we learned,so i think i can get good grades。

• Ann, you mostly make your comment last ... Did you really read through the attachment to make your own comments? Or did you do what you did last time and just use your classmates' comments? Do you know the saying, "once bitten, twice shy"? In this situation it means you have once failed me and I don't know if I will ever trust you again. If I have your class again next semester, I hope you can show me a new attitude.

•   I want to say something about the news. A pizzeria work it out to deliver a pizza by drone to a skyscraper.It is believed that drone deliveries will become an environmentally friendly way though it still have some problems in safety. And I also think this will come true in the future, because it does good for traffic jam. About the song, I think it tells a sad story ,''you looked back through me ,you were miles away'' really moved me ,that's all, thank you.

skyscraper.it
    This domain may be for sale!
    • Thank you, Wang Jiajia, you did exactly what I've been asking your classmates to do since the beginning of the semester and many of them are still not doing it. At least there are a few students who listened. I can however not understand that your classmate (sitting next to you in class) are not also doing that. Are you not roommates that you can show her? :(

I am also excited about this brilliant idea of using a drone (unmanned model plane) for delivering food. There are many alternatives it can then be used for in civilian life. As you said, very environmentally friendly and it can't get stuck in traffic. So cool! We'll discuss the song tomorrow and there is a question that I hope the class can answer me. ;-)

This reply was deleted.