Week 14a: Tuesday, 20 May 2014

(1) News by Tara

We'll do the news today as there won't be time at the next class as we would then do the orals. There would therefore not be a new news item before we have the class on Tuesday morning. Please choose from any of the news items which we haven't done this semester (there is a list). Please don't copy each other (decide on your own news item). Cynthia and Mary, do you understand?

(2) Learning of English in Brazil:

We will continue the questions and discussion in activity 6 and 7 which we haven't finished at the last class. I will particularly be interested in question 11 of Activity 6.

(3) Skills builders: School issues

We'll discuss some questions about school life in general (see the attachment).

brazil-class-worksheet.pdf

11 - W14b - school.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hou Yan, did you read through the attachment about the school topic? You have just mentioned about tests which Crystal also mentioned - the first point or question of many others in that attachment.

• I'm so sorry about the last class.And we will continue to discuss the topic about Brazil.Then we will start a new topic about school,such as tests,homework,lessons and so on.We will be ask a lot of questions ,and i believe everyone will have different answers about those questions.looking forward to next quedtion .

• Hello,John.I;m sorry that I found the wrong news and made you unhappy.To be honest, I couldn't find the news I prepared last week(maybe I entered the wrong web page....).And I read the content next class just now.I found the news we should have said last week and listened to it.For the active 6 and 7,I hope that if conditions permit,we can watch the video again last class.And I think maybe we will have different opinions from each others about the questions about school life.

• Hello,John.I have looked through the content next class.But sorry,I have forgotten the video content.And I have read the attachments.As for the question"Are tests important?",I think that the tests are used to test students' learning outcomes,it's just a method not a consequence,we don't need to care about the results too much,we should focus on the process of learning.That's all.

• So Crystal, you can't remember anything from the video we watched last week? I'm surprised, but also disappointed to hear that. But thanks nonetheless for quoting from the attachment; it shows you did read at least one question (the very first one ..) from the school worksheet about the second part of Tuesday's lesson (just a pity you didn't worry about reading the worksheet about the Brazil lesson to refresh your memory as that is also part of this lesson post ..).

• Hello,teacher!I know that we will do the news next class rather than Thursday.And we will continue the video of Brazil about learning English,and discuss the rest questions.Also,we will discuss some questions about school life in general.Looking forward to the next lesson.

• Han Qing, your comment would not be taken into consideration as it doesn't reflect the lesson content.

• hello,teacher.this time,i am the first one to reply.i know you are dissatisfied to the last class.maybe,they renew the news in the different time with us.and have the different result,so hope teacher don't be angry.i know we will continue the discussion which we haven't finished at the last class.then,there are some questions about school life need we to answer and discuss.hope next class will be happy.

• Thank you, Hetty, for the first reply. However, you are not doing what I asked in the beginning, and that is that your comment should reflect on the CONTENT of the lesson. And the content you can only see in the attachment. It doesn't help you only say we'll continue the discussion we haven't finished and some questions about school life. What you said there can be derived from what I wrote in the lesson post. That doesn't tell me that you really know what the lesson is about and that you would be prepared for the lesson. I hope the rest of the class would not follow your example otherwise you will have another dissatisfied teacher in the next class.

•  teacher,i have seen the content.i am sorry that i don't say too much about it.we will discuss about test,homework,subject,and teacher.we also answer these ago.but this time we answer in English.i think this can be different and funny.in the next time,i will more attention the problem.i know you want us to reply is let us really know what the lesson is about and that we would be prepared for the lesson. i will do it well ,next time.;)

This reply was deleted.