Week 12a: Tuesday, 8 May 2014

Big Town: Students to assume personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell others about their lives. If time permits, there is a map of the town center and we can use it to describe to our partner how to get to your business or place of work. Personalities of the different characters would be handed out in class. Pairs and small groups.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

big town2.jpg

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hellow,John.I have read the content about the next class.I was so exciting when I kewn we will have a game that named "The Big Town".In the game .we will have a personality card and introduce ourselves by some commiuncation,and then we will ask some questions with each other.And I am eager for the map of the town.And we can get business or the piace of work. See you tomorrow ,sir.

• Well Wang Shuaitian, I'm not sure whether the class today has really met your expectations? I don't think so; though I must admit, it looked to me that you and Jackie have enjoyed your participation! I am of the opinion that the game didn't work well as I didn't follow the rules of the game. I felt that there were some practical problems and therefore decided to change it; but I think that was a mistake. The 'game' then became boring. However, I must admit that the class' participation was really good; everyone appeared to be willing to do their part. But I hope that when I do this game a second time with another class, that I would have sorted the problems out so that it can flow better.

• hi ,john ,this is Ann.long time no see.I have read the content of next class just now .I know there is a role play about town resident.we have had role play many times in previous class,I think it is a good way  to experience the class and into the class.what's more ,it benefit for our spoken English.when we do role play,we are relaxed and pleased and we can learn how to express ourselves exactly.  

• Hi,teacher.We haven't seen each other for more than a week,have you had a good holiday?We will have a class tomorrow,I'm looking forward to it very much.I have known we will have a role play at tomorrow's class.It's about Town' Hero,I think it sounds like a game.We will use a map to describe to our partner how to do our business and so on.In that way,we will improve our spoken English.See you tomorrow,teachrr.
    • Jackie, did you read about the game in the attachment?! It's called Big Town and not Super Hero or Town Hero like in the picture ..! Nonetheless, you and Ada put up a good performance; thank you.

• Hello,John.I am very missing you.I have looked through the attractions next class.I have known that we will do a role play tomorrow.And I am very interested in this form of class,because it's very exciting.And we all have opportunity to practice our spoken English.That's all.
  • Hello,John.I like the content of next lesson.We will play a game. We assume that we are residents who live in the Big Town.Then we introduce ourselves to our parters and gain others’ information. We gradually mastered some practical life language in asking and answering.(Where are you from?What is your name?How old are you?What do you do?Where do you work and how to get there?What is your favourite food?……)Our purpose of learning English is to use.So I think it is helpful for us to learn English. 

• Thank you, Ada, I can see (apart from noticing in the classroom today) that you had a good look at the lesson material. Both you and your classmate, Kelly, made me happy. ;-) But it didn't work out as it should have. See my comment to Zhou Ying above, and you'll understand what I mean. However, you, Jackie, CC and one or two others have performed your parts well. So, thank you for being prepared.

• Hello teacher.After reading the content I become so happy.It's so interesting to play a role in Big Town.And we will describe the lives.I expect time is enough .So we can share our minds about how to get to our business and place of work.Looking forward to the next class.See you next morning.
    Happy - Ecosistema Digitale
    • Well Zhou Ying, I'm not sure whether what you got today, was what you expected. I am not satisfied - not meaning the students' contributions (I think you all tried well enough to make a success of it), but the way I allowed the class to participate. It was correct that each student had to study her/his personality and then talk about it to get familiar with it. But then after that, it was stagnating as I decided not to follow the game rules for various reasons. So, unfortunately, most of the fun, I think, was taken out of it. Sorry then if it became boring. I will rethink this lesson before I do it the second time with another class.

This reply was deleted.