Week 10b: Thursday, 24 April 2014

(1) Listening to the News with Tara

We will start the class with some contributions from the News with Tara.

(2) Movie

We will watch a 25 minute animation movie and then discuss it in groups (with class feedback, as we usually do).

(3) Annoying habits

If time permits, we will discuss our feelings about annoying habits some people have. Do we find some habits silly, rude and annoying, and does it make us angry, impatient and frustrated?

11 - W9 - Annoying habits.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,john,this is Ann.I have seen the arrangement for the next class.First we will say the news.Then we will watch a movie.it is must be meaningful. Then ,we will have a discussion about the annoying habits. someone has some  bed habits that really make me angry,such as spitting. It is something about the level of a country"s civilization.  At last ,we will model a short conversation.    Looking forward to the next class. 

• Ann, you have copied Liu Yufan's comment verbatim. You will get no marks for this comment. As a matter of fact, you have disappointed me as this is dishonest. 

• Hi,teacher.I have know the content of next class.we  will start with some contributions from the news.after that we will watch a 25 minutes animation movie and then discuss it in groups .At last ,we will have a discussion about the annoying habits.Habit is a sign of a personal morality and civilization extent.But I think everyone has some bad habits ,we should try to correct our bad habits.I'm looking forward to tomorrow's class.See you tomorrow,teacher!

• Hi sir.The,next class will come soon.I am,very interested in the class .And discuss about annoying habits. About other people 's or mine.Faced the bad habits ,I am,very angery .But I am shy to say something about it
  •   I am so sorry to make a comment so late. When it comes to tomorrow's class, I want to say that I can't stand it when some don't offer their seats to the old in bus.And it will make me very angry when I am tired and want to fall asleep, but there is a mosquito flying around me. It is also frustrating that I can't work out the math exercises when I have tried many methods.

• Wang Jiajia, I can understand some of the annoying habits you mentioned, but that thing about the mosquito baffles me ... Do you mean the mosquito's behaviour is annoying?! Luckily there is an easy and effective method to deal with such an annoyance!

• Hello,John.I have readed  the context of our class.I will listen the news before class . I am looking forward to watching the movie.In fact,I think peoples are always kind and friendly ,so I think it's difficult to find many habits which are annoying.

http://movie.In/
    • CC, it is nice to think good about people, but are you sure we live in the same country ..?! I have even seen kind and friendly people displaying annoying habits!

•   Hello,sir.I had seen the news about  Divers Search Sunken South Korea Ferry.It is said many students in a ship  were in danger while the captain of it escaped himself with no sense of helping  others or give out any SOS to the public .After being safe ,he was blamed by the public.In China ,helping others is the greatest personal quality.

As for the annoying habits,i think it is a significant topic .For me ,smoking and speak too loudly are the most annoying habits.But it is lucky that there is no such person around me.

• Haha Kelly, it may be a great personal quality in China to help others, but as I have experienced during my 5 years in China, it seldom happens! Twelve people would walk past a little girl being run over by a car (and another vehicle will drive over her), and NO one would lift a finger to help her. Only the thirteenth person, a street cleaner, stopped to help her. And there are many more examples like that. So, maybe in theory your statement is correct, but it doesn't work in practice ..

And what will you do when you get a bf and he smokes ...?!

This reply was deleted.