Week 10a: Tuesday, 22 April 2014

(1)Role play: Man Overboard

"You have just escaped from your sinking ship and are afloat in a lifeboat. Unfortunately there are too many of you and the lifeboat is also sinking. Two people must be sacrificed. The two chosen will have to jump overboard."

We will do this role play in groups of 5/6. Everyone will get her/his script and tell the others why you think you should be spared. Each group will then get the opportunity to do the act to the class.

11 - W10b - Man overboard.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,teacher.After knowing the content in the next class.I think it is too difficult for everyone to chose when we are playing the role.Meanwhile,we need to say the reason why we do so.Well,I also think next class will be very significant.See you tomorrow!
  • Everyone has  the desire for life, life is precious, we must not give up easily. In critical circumstances everyone faces the choice of life and death. If you choose to live, there will be a sacrifice of others; if you choose to sacrifice yourself, then you can let more people live. Life, what I want,Life, I wish also, righteousness, I wish also, the two can not have both,I would rather take the latter.The value of life is often reflected in the face of choice of life and death ofothers, increase chances of survival will extend their lives, the value of lifebut sublimate.If I meet such a critical situation, I am going to get more and more people choose to sacrifice their  own live

• Well, if this is your own work, Li Zimu, then your English is improving fast ..! I hope you have studied the 10 different roles so that you can motivate tomorrow as to why you think your life or position is so important that you should be spared.

• hello,teacher,i think we will have a very intersting class at tomorrow.we will play different roles in some sence,and  we should give the reason why we should alive.we also have two roles who should be sacrificed,we can improve our ablity on speaking english on the class .see you tomorrow .

• Congratulations, Tian Jing, you have done the comment successfully! Okay, it was about your 5th attempt, but it shows you it is possible! I hope you had a look at all 10 the roles and that you know what everyone means so that you can motivate tomorrow why your life should be spared ..

•          Hello,teacher.  I have seen the content in the next class in the morning.  I have known the thing we wiil do tomorrow.  I know we will write two people's names on one paper.  I'll try my best to play my role.In a word,I look forword to the next lesson.

• Hello,sir.I just saw the attachment about next class.I feel it is a little difficult to choose well.I may feel frightened in that condition because I can not swim .But in China ,we have traditional virtues says that humility is the best personal virtue .Everyone has his own choice.And it must be a very nice roles play i think.

• Yes, it sounds like a very noble saying, Kelly, ".. humility is the best personal value". My question is, can you see that among the people today?! And furthermore, during my 5 years in China I came across tremendous selfishness ... Do you think there are any people here that would sacrifice their lives so that another can live ..? ;-)

• Hello,Jhon.I have read the lesson content.Everyone will paly a role in the next class and share their opinions with classmates.I think it is hard to choose. I believe firmly everybody has its meaning of surviving.If I have to choose two people to jump,I will choose two oldest people.Because the younger men have longer lives,their futures are more bright and colorful. And I'll try my best to play my role.In a word,I expect the next lesson.

This reply was deleted.