Week 10a: Tuesday, 22 April 2014

(1)Role play: Man Overboard

"You have just escaped from your sinking ship and are afloat in a lifeboat. Unfortunately there are too many of you and the lifeboat is also sinking. Two people must be sacrificed. The two chosen will have to jump overboard."

We will do this role play in groups of 5/6. Everyone will get her/his script and tell the others why you think you should be spared. Each group will then get the opportunity to do the act to the class.

11 - W10b - Man overboard.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good morning,teacher.I have readed the content of our class.I think It wlii be  a funny play .In fact, I've heard a story which is like it.The answer of the story is the two  people who are fatter than others should be jump overboard.I am looking forward to playing it .

• Well, Ada said the older people had to be sacrificed, but today your team didn't mention that; although to my horror, you sacrificed the only doctor .. Maybe he was an old man ...!

• Good evening,teacher! I have read the content of the discussion and  my classmates' comments. About tomorrow's class,I think it looks like a serious choice .. I think it is really difficult for  us to make this choice because it is something of life and death. Recently there are many accidents in the world,I can't imagine if I  were there to experience these.Everyone has his desire to live on.So in tomorrow's role play,I will try my best to imagine and understand.Finally I think that it may all depends on the specific situation when the things really happen.

PS,a good news,Meng Guimiao has overcome the problem of the website! We can now each download a explorer for abroad websites,so we can see the pictures and open the attachments with ease! I am really happy ,and thanks to Meng Guimiao! ~\(≧▽≦)/~ I think we can be easier in later classes! Good night,sir!

• Thank you, Liu Yufan. I am happy that you can all open the attachments and view the pictures now. You are right, to those students who'd like to help themselves, it would be easier now as they can look at the lessons and be better prepared for our classes. Yes, I am very grateful toward Meng Guimiao for helping us. He has assisted all my other students too. I am very impressed with that boy.

Btw Liu Yufan, I am not happy that your class have so many private conversations (in Chinese, obviously) while other students are busy with their performances. Even your group today .. It has to stop please, or I have to stop it. I don't want to make the class atmosphere unpleasant as students should rather enjoy their classes, but there are restrictions (boundaries). I hope you'll understand. Thank you.

• Okay,teacher.I am sorry for that on yesterday's class.I will tell my classmates this.

•  In my opinion ,the sailor shouldn't be spared,the others don't know to navigate safely to dry land.And I  think the young child 、the pop star and the mother  ,one of them, may be the good choose.If the    multi-millionaire can live, he can help many people to lead a good life, including the mother's children.The scientist who discovered a cure for cancer also can save many people.Of course, this is only my own view.

• Wang Jiajia, why did you comment twice? Once would have been sufficient. I'm only going to give you a mark for one comment! Or, maybe you wanted to practice your writing skills ...? Btw, pse remember next time that we have an oral class ... ;-)

• Hello teacher!I have known the content of the next lesson .we will conduct a role play in the tomorrow's lesson and to choose two people overboard from the some people.I think is very difficult to choose.Everyone is precious.No matter he or she is successful or ordinary people.Now I'm looking forward to the tomorrow's lesson.
    Precious
    Precious er en annerledes møbelbutikk basert på gjenbruk, redesign og et ønske om å skape unike møbler som får folk til å smile. Et møbel fra Preciou…
  • Good evening ,John.I 'm very interested in  the role play of tomorrow class.I think it's different form our ordinary class.In fact ,it's really a difficult question which two people must be sacrificed. And I know your objective that you hope us to understand all those job descriptions of the 10 people in the life boat. I think we will have a interesting class. See you tomorrow.

• Well Nancy, I'm nor so sure that it had gone off so smoothly today. We spent too long in preparing, and then we ran out of time. But obviously quite a number of students didn't think about the 10 different job descriptions as quite a few had to read their scripts despite much preparation time .. Whether they've really benefited by this exercise, I am not sure about. I guess time will tell me. Thank you for your contribution in your group.

This reply was deleted.