2014b: Week 9a: Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Detective game: Alibi

We'll play this game in groups. One group of 5 will be the suspects and there will be five groups of detectives (2 groups of 5, and 3 groups of 4). You will get the plot in class and the detectives will then question the suspects individually to find the criminals who have committed the crime.

13 - W9a - Alibi - Game.docx

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wang Jiajia, the class will not decide about the suspects' guilt or not. There will be different detective teams and they would decide who was involved in the crime, and who not. And of course, if they can't find any holes in those alibis, all the suspects will go free. So, I hope we'll have some good detectives tomorrow ...

• Hello,teacher.I had seen the news about next class.The news is Terrorist Kills Soldier In Canada's Capital.Ottawa--the capital of Canada,has taken place a terrible shooting. 2 sodiers were killed and 1 was badly hurt.Ihis incident caused wide public concern around the world.It is unpredictable but unescapable in a sense.In western countries,it is decriminalization to employ firearm while in China,using firearm is illegal to everyone.Although in some places of China,such as in Hong kong,Macao..There are still exist many misuse of firearms actions which are break the Chinese mainland law.But our Chinese government is trying best to find effect measures to ban those behavior for make sure everybody safe.It is reasonable to lay down the law i think.After all,there are many differences among the countries.Of course the law.As the politics saying goes,The current international situation remains peaceful, however, regional wars, turbulences, and tension are getting intense to some extent.So for we developing country,the current task is to advocate peaceful assertion unhesitatingly.Promoting the world peace.Thank you.

• Yes Kelly, I agree gun-less societies are much safer to live in. And in countries like South Africa and the US they kill people daily through shooting (14000 were killed in South Africa through the use of guns last year). But I can't agree with what you write about the current international situation ... How can you say it is peaceful? It is indeed far from that! There are wars everywhere - in the Middle-east, Africa, Eastern Europe, etc. Even here in Asia there is much tension among the countries for various reasons. So, the world is surely not experiencing much peace.

Then I am surprise that you only wrote about Tara's news bulletin. What about the other 85% of tomorrow's class?! No, you didn't do anything wrong; like Zhou Ying, you did exactly what is expected from the class. I guess you decided on this approach as all your other classmates (but Zhou Ying) did comment on the detective game, right? Okay, accepted.

• Good evening teacher.A new week has begin .Tomorrow we will have a meet.Ha.About the news which we will start the class with,it is so provoking. This is a terrorist attack on the capital of Canada. The violent attacks by terrorists, extremely stupid. The innocent crime, will only make people more hatred of violence and terrorism. Violent terrorist attacks against the consensus will be win more support among the people. Terrorism has become a global consensus and have become an important issue for the international community committed to resolving .
    • Zhou Ying, I guess you didn't want to comment on the detective game tomorrow as all your classmates did. But do you know why? Because the detective game would take up 85 minutes of the class and the news only 5 minutes, or even less (depending how quickly you or some of your classmates tell us about it)! So, they regarded the detective game as quite important to comment on it. But okay, you did nothing wrong; so I guess you have also done your duty.

• Hellow,John.I am happy when I know.we will play the game tomorrow.First of all,of course,the news,I do not forget it.TO be honest,the news in tomorrow is a little difficult for me.And about the detetive game.we will find out the criminal by some questions and some plot.And mayb it is a challenge for me.But I will try my best.See you tomorrow,sir.
    • Well Wang Shuaitian, if something is difficult, one should work harder on it and be more determined to make a success of it ..! So, I hope your name would be drawn tomorrow that you can get some good experience about sharing the news with us! Don't worry of finding the real criminal tomorrow; it would not be required of you! You just have to be clever and don't let the detectives suspect you any longer after the investigation ...! :)

• Good evening,teacher. I have known the content of the next class.First,we will share the new that we read.The new is attack in Canada.Two attacks was occured in the three days.Two soldiers died, a soldier and a policeman were injured.In my opinion,no matter what the reason,hurting others is a mistake.The peace and safety is the most important for everyone.Second,we will play a game.I am interested in the game.We will practise our the ability of speaking and listening in the game.It is goood for us to improve the level of english.I am looking forward the next class.See you tomorrow.
    http://injured.In/
    • That is correct, Cao Hualin, your speaking and listening skills would be well-tested tomorrow! It would also be fun to work together in a team with the same goal, to determine which of the suspects were involved in the crime. If you look forward to the class, I think you may not be disappointed tomorrow ..! ;-)

• hi,teacher.i have seen the content of next class.first,news about terrorist kills soldier in Canada's capital.i am rejoice that we live in the peace places.there are no guys and wars.in a war,i think people is the biggest victim.in the next class,maybe can say,we will play an entire lesson.i saw many students named that as a role play.i would rather call it solving a case.that let me remind Sherlock Holmes and detective Conan.we like them very much.and i guess that is,difficult.in the game,there are suspects and detectives,the content says suspect is more difficult,i think might it need to conceal and pretend.like others say,that can practice our speaking, listening and note taking.hope there are many Holmes product,tomorrow.see you.
This reply was deleted.