2014b: Week 9a: Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Detective game: Alibi

We'll play this game in groups. One group of 5 will be the suspects and there will be five groups of detectives (2 groups of 5, and 3 groups of 4). You will get the plot in class and the detectives will then question the suspects individually to find the criminals who have committed the crime.

13 - W9a - Alibi - Game.docx

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Maxine, why are you glad to comment on the website?! Is it because you know it would assist you to practice your language skills, or that you are obedient to the teacher's request, or what?! I'm just curious! ;-)

About the news, I think you are wrong about the latest news report ... it has changed in the mean time! So, pse listen to the latest news report by Tara! Or maybe I'm mistaken ... I'll have to check before Tuesday's class then!

And regarding the detective game ... it is a detective story (a crime) that the detectives must solve, and not a spy story like during the Cold War between Russia and America (or 007 James Bond)! ;-)

• Hello,teacher.I am interested in this game.we will invided into some groups.It is a TEFL game,we can practise our speaking,listening and note taking.I don't know whether I understand the game rule.I think it is about the detective detective suspects alibi.Detectives asked all sorts of problems, to find the criminal suspect in the hole.When we are familiar with this game, we can expand it.It is really a long game.In order to more rigorous detective others or more perfect answer detective, we need to do enough preparation.I am looking forward next class.See you.
    • Wow Tang Jingping, you've already done your comment during lunch time today (and two days before the class); you impress me! Don't worry about the rules; I will explain it in the classroom again ... and hopefully you would follow me (or at least follow Liu Yufang ..!). But you have it wrong about detectives do ... they have all sorts of problems (crimes) to attend to, but they ask all sorts of questions. Yes, it is a long class and it would take all our 90 minutes of lesson time.

• Hello sir ,we will meet soon.Alibi! is a game .we can practice our many skills ,such as note takiing .All of us can take park in it and the can last the entire class.I have a trouble with in the past tense of couse ,so i think it will help me very much.By those questions we can check and alibi and hopefully,find a hole in it.The setup is simple ,but we need some time to make it.we will to be a detective to solve the case.The two groups will have a suspect with each other.By interview we will find the suspector,so I am look forwaed to doing it.
    • Wow Tina, you are so diligent lately; you impress the teacher! Yes, I also believe that those students who take part in this exercise with enthusiasm (they mostly do!) would benefit by the interaction. It can become very noisy when five groups of detectives each interview a suspect simultaneously, but it is a lot of fun and I always enjoy this lesson (sometimes more than the students!). I hope the students would all enjoy it too.

This reply was deleted.