2014b: Week 8a: Tuesday, 28 October 2014

(1) Listen to the News by Tara

(2) Video lesson: Lessons from Romania

Pse read the attachment to see the questions we'll discuss. You know how to find the video if you want to watch it before the class (but it is not really necessary as we'll watch it twice in class), Find the link on the "Listening" page here: https://www.englishclub.com/listening/index.htm

romania-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I agree, Tian Jing, that China can really adapt the way English is taught here, especially at schools. When the students get to university, they are frustrated as they still can't speak proper English as they were never taught how to at school. I think the education here needs a change of heart (from those applying the system, obviously!).

• Good evening,teacher. I have known the content of the next class.In the next class,we will watch the video of romania and known something about Bomania. Bucharest is the capital city of Romania. The official language is Romanian in the local,but the young is good at speaking English .Stapie food in Romania is Pasta.They like drinking cold drinks in the four seasons of a year,such as,soda, beer, orange juice ,and so on.What is more,Drinks must be chilled in summmer.I am looking forward the next class.See you tomorrow.
    • Cao Hualin, if their staple food is pasta (I didn't know that), their culture must be closed to the Chinese culture, don't you think so?! But about their chilled drinks in summer, that is not strange as western countries all do that during summer (I grew up with that)! When I got to China, I couldn't understand that I often couldn't get a cold (chilled) soda or juice in a shop/cafe/restaurant! Logic tells me that any drink must be chilled in summer, but the Chinese don't understand that, I think!

• Forgive me for being absent from your class.
    For a long time, I have been confused about no singular words. This news to remind me to check information to figure it out. After the encounter do not understand the knowledge must search through the information asked the teacher and other ways to solve immediately, so you can accumulate a lot of knowledge.
    Romania is a Southeast European countries, it is the capital of Bucharest. In January 1, 2007 Romania became a member of the European union.
    I think the following ways to learn English well:
    (1) reading English articles and watch English videos;
    (2) often use English with my classmates;
    (3) to practice listening;
    (4) continue to accumulate words;
    (5) the practice of English reading and writing ability.
    • Wow, Li Zimu, you are surprising the teacher! Glad you plan to return to our class. We missed you (but in particular Wang Shuaitian)! Who helped you with your comment here ... such a good comment, I don't know whether I am shocked or surprised by that! Thank you anyway. But what surprised me even more, are your tips and advice for learning English ... if you, Li Zimu, follow those tips yourself, you are going to become a very good speaker of the English language! Did you know that?!

• Hello,John. I'm sorry that I was absent from class since a few days ago because I badly sprained my ankle. I'm very missing you. Now I'm feeling a lot better,and I will go to class tomorrow. Although I didn't go to class last two weeks,I watched some American drama and English movies. I knew that we will have a video lesson tomorrow,and I'm very interested in how the Romanians learn English.I'm very happy that I can go back to class tomorrow.See you.
    • Glad to hear you would be back, Crystal. But why did Nancy mention you had a problem with your face when you said the problem was a sprained ankle ..? So strange! Glad you kept in touch with the language during your absence. But I can see you don't know much about tomorrow's lesson ..!

• Hello,John.I know that next class we will watch a video and learn something about Romania.In the video,we will see how the Romanian learn English.I'm curious how they learn English,because I think people speak different languages have different ways to learn English.I have been looking for more suitable for me the way to learn English.I hope I can find it in English class.Looking forward tomorrow's class!
    • Mary, did you read through the attachment with the questions about tomorrow's lesson? You're not mentioning anything about that. In the attachment you would have already gotten an indication of how they learn their English ..

• Hello,teacher!I'm glad that I can comment on the website.I hear that some of my classmates said the last class was difficult for them,but I think that I can understood the most content of it.Next class,we'll retell the news about plural or singular form,which has made many chinese students get into trouble,on the contrary,the word''luggage''only has singluar form,we can only say''a piece of luggage''.It's the grammar of English.Then,we'll watch a video about Romania,in fact,I know a little about Romania,I need to do some search about it before the class.I want to know how the foreigners learn English.As for me,i mainly learn English by reading books and listening to the vedio.In fact,my mom makes the best contributions to my English learning,who is an English teacher,she often teaches me English,of course,I love her very much!I'm looking forward to the next class!

This reply was deleted.